Chapter 41 - Hunted (EUF Side)

["Hunted" - EUF Side]

"Some time had passed after Ghost Squad decided to track and find Darkstar, despite Admiral David Morgan's orders to stand by until further notice. The team was heading to one of the agent ships. More specifically, Susan's ship which had recently been upgraded and it was the biggest one. Admiral Morgan was going to send an EUF special forces team to locate and take Darkstar down as he didn't want to lose even one of Ghost Squad's members for this. Before they headed towards the ship, Rj made sure to change Morgan's orders and put his squad (Ghost Squad) to go and assist, instead of the other"

Susan: Alright guys, sit down comfortably and don't forget the seat-belts. I'll set it to full speed.

Max: Copy.

Susan: Alright. Zeon, take the double-gun at the bottom. Reyna, co-pilot. Rj...do your thing. Kate, take a look at the shield generator and make sure it works fine. I haven't flown this bad boy for quite a while so it's shields might need to reboot.

Kate: You've got it.

Susan: Rj, where are we headed exactly, what did you learn?

Rj: Darkstar took a whole EUF fighter squadron down and destroyed 2 corvettes along with a patrol frigate.

Reyna: Holy crap! They managed to take all of these out just by themselves? That's just...amazing.

Rj: You don't say. Good news is, they crashed into a barn not far out of the capital. Apparently they didn't think to take the ship's tracking device out, so friendly forces managed to locate them.

Susan: Then they must have proceeded by foot from there. Any grand theft auto attempt would have been perceived by the police.

Reyna: Well. At least we can track their heat signatures down from there. They're still humans and they leave footprints.

Rj: Touché.

Zeon: You know. I only don't understand one thing.

Susan: Shoot.

Zeon: Why would they go into all this trouble, willingly becoming prisoners and giving all their information about the civil war to EUF command just to run and escape? To me it doesn't even make sense.

Rj: You're a robot. Nothing must makes sense to you.

Reyna: Rejar!

Susan: Wow. Rj!

Rj: What?

Zeon: I'm not a robot, Rj. I'm an "android". There's a difference.

Rj: Yeah. Two more scraps than the usual.

Reyna: OK, Rj, you need to stop!

Zeon: It's alright, Reyna. And forget what I said. It's probably my newly installed circuits...

Reyna: We'll talk together later, mister.

Susan: Well anyway. Alright guys. Here we go. Taking off.

"The team flies off to the crash site. There they find EUF forces that have closed the area and are searching the barn"

EUF Soldier: ...So you are telling me they took down three corvettes and a fighter squadron using what? Jetpacks and a police gunship?

EUF Officer: Yep. Imagine what would happen if they were properly equipped.

EUF Soldier: And now what?

EUF Officer: Now it's hunting season. One of the admirals said he will send a special forces team or something in order to help.

EUF Soldier: You mean these guys?