curfew's for fools

TYPOS AND ERRORS ALL AROUND.

Waverly jumped from roof top to roof top, rushing her way home at such an early morning, the sun not yet up. She was going to get in so much trouble if she was caught not in bed for a third time in a row. It was difficult to escape her... ummm, "friend"... and her constant need of cuddles. Honestly, how was it that a girl as timid as Gwen Gothel whined up as the child of a villain?

The world may never know, but whatever.

Waverly made it to the her roof top and carefully slid down the pipe that guided to the window of her room. She peeked through it first before ultimately deciding that she was in the clear.

Oh how wrong she is.

She entered through her window, carefully not making too much noise and shut it closed. Of course too much in a rush, she didn't notice the figure sitting in her busted up beanbag in the corner of the room.

Waverly dropped her bag to the side and threw herself onto her bed. Just as she was about to shut her eyes to get a few more hours of sleep, the voice she dreaded to hear scared her.

"And where have you been—?" Waverly let out a scream and jumped so high that she threw herself off her bed and face planted onto the floor. Her head slowly peeked up to see her dearest, darling-est father standing on the other side of the bed with his arms crossed and a scowl on her face.

Waverly let out a nervous laugh and tried to play it all off. "Ohh... hey papa! You're up early. Are you hungry? How about I go make some breakfast for us?" She stood up quickly and tried to bolt from her room but Ernesto stopped her.

"Not so fast, muchachita! Vuelve aquí." Waverly stopped before she could take a step out her door and turned around to look at him.

He did not look happy. Ernesto motioned her to stand in front of him. Waverly crept over and crossed her own arms to match him.

"Where were you?" Was all he asked. Waverly looked up at him and stared. "I'm not gonna ask again, mija."

"I was over at the Gothels, that's all."

"And why would you be over there and stay all night? And yes I know you were there all night because that in the same outfit you had on yesterday."

"You know some other father's wouldn't notice things like that."

"I was once a famous musician and actor, Waverly, I always took note of what was important and what people liked to here or see. I'm observant."

"Yes, you were once the “greatest musician in all of times". Tell me more about it!" Waverly sits down and faux interest. Ernesto puffed out his chest and started on.

"Well, after all my successful movies and performances, I was only loved more after being crushed by that giant bell, after that my music and movies beca— wait a minute..." Ernesto halts his speech before going back to crossing his arms. "Nice try, missy. You're not gonna distract me by asking me about my old life again." Ernesto sits down beside his child.

"Mi amor, you were out three nights in a row. That seems a bit excessive to me."

"Well yeah, but its not like I was at the Gothels all these three nights. I was also with Uma and hanging out with Emily. I was totally fine—"

"That is not the point!" Ernesto exclaims and lets out of sight of frustration. Waverly shut her mouth immediately. "I do not mind if you go out all day—keyword; day. But nights are not safe. Trust me, nights are when the true demons come out."

Waverly understood what he meant. He spoke on his own experience, the poisoning of his former best friend and musician partner at his own hand and stealing his songs. He simply didn't want to wake up one day to the news of his daughter found dead in some alleyway. Waverly wraps her arm around her father's shoulders and laid her head on his shoulder.

"I got it... I'm sorry if I worry you."

Ernesto only grumbles. After a moment, he stands up.

"Do what you want at your mother's place— but here, you respect the curfew, young lady." He points at her. "Got that?"

Waverly nods. Ernesto drops his hand and nods. "Go get some sleep then, it's still too early in the day. And remember you leave for your mother's today."

Waverly lets out a grumble and a sour face.

"Do I have to go? I don't see the point if all she does is yell about every little thing I do."

"She'll only come here and drag you out by your hair, so it's best to just go over there."

With that, Ernesto walked out. Waverly throws herself back to her bed and stares up at her moldy and rain-stained ceiling.

Visitations with mother...what fun. She thinks sarcastically. Waverly does as her father says and gets ready for bed to sleep a few more hours.