Chapter 9

I'm flying out to Dallas. I sent my playlist of five new songs to Billie last night and she approved of them all. That was a relief I really didn't want to slave for nearly two weeks over work that was trash and she didn't like.

I land in Dallas and I go to collect my suitcase and head down to arrivals. I see Finneas standing waiting on me. The only reason I know who he is and what he looks like is because I FaceTimed him a few times to go over a few things. I still haven't spoke to Billie apart from texts and emails.

"Hey what's up Fin nice to finally meet you in person" I said giving him a bro hug. He laughed "yeah you too Sam".
"Let's head out before traffic gets bad" he added. Finneas wheeled my suitcase out to the car while I carried my backpack which I had slung over one shoulder.

I got in the car and we drive to the hotel. "Your rooming with Billie is that all good" he said as we went up in the elevator. "Not a problem" I chimed.
We were on the 3rd floor, room 302. I walked into the room and noticed it was just a double bed.

"We're all in the same boat, I'm in a bed with Jared one of the lighting crew" he chuckled. I laughed and gave an understanding nod. It couldn't be that bad atleast I wasn't in a bed with some fat guy.

I set my suitcase on the unoccupied side of the room. And grabbed my beats before heading out with Fin to the first venue I'd be playing at. It wasn't far away only about 10/15 minutes.

We walked in the entrance and only now I'm realising how many people I'm going to be playing in front of. I'm only really used to a maximum of about 40 people. Not full Arenas.

We walk to the green room and as I'm about to walk in, the door opens and I collide with someone. I stumble backwards and hit the left side of my forehead on the doorframe. Dang it that hurt.

I look up whilst furiously rubbing the spot that got hit to try and ease the pain. "Oh my god I am so sorry" I latch onto these beautiful piercing blue eyes.
This must be Billie.

"Your good" I said with a bit of a groan. "Just a little bump" I joked causing her to smile. It went silent for a second before Billie spoke up. "Lunch?" She questioned me. "Sounds good" I agreed.

We walked down a few corridors and down to what looked like a designated area with a few food trucks. I opened the door that lead outside holding it for Billie so she could walk through after me. "Thanks" she smiled again.

That enticing smile. Wait. What am I saying I can't act that way towards Billie, shes technically my boss. I shook the thoughts out of my head and continued on walking.

"Burritos?" I questioned. "What you don't like burritos or sumthin" Billie said with a bit of attitude. "Bitch I love me some burritos you good" I said back. "Ayyyy that's ma girl" she said slinging her arm around my neck.

Seems like me and Billie have an instant connection. We had lunch and went over soundcheck making sure everything was perfect for tomorrow.
"So tell me a bit more about yourself" Billie asked.

"Well I'm 20, which I'm pretty sure were 2 years apart if I'm correct, she nodded in response. I do music full time now and that's pretty much it, other than that I'm not a very interesting person" I laughed. "You seem chill what are you on about dude I'm sure there's more than that" she said.
"Not really I'm quite a boring person compared to you" I added. She let out a light chuckle.

"I'm sure over time we'll get to know eachother better" she said. "Probably" I replied.