Three

"JACK! NO!" I screamed and I began crying.  "(y/n), (y/n) it's okay, I'm okay, I'm here! Everything is fine, please wake up!" I heard Jacks smooth accent and calming tone rush into my head and I was snapped out if my horrid nightmare and into reality.

When I opened my eyes, Jack was staring at me, his eyes glazed with worry. He had his hands on my shoulders, appearing as if he'd been trying to shake me awake and when I saw him, alive and well, I smiled and started nervously laughing. "Oh my god, you're alive. Thank god" I breathed and he hugged me tightly, making me blush heavily. I hesitantly hugged him back. "Yes, I'm alive. Are you okay? What happened? You passed out during the movie and you had been asleep for, what, ten minutes before you started screaming and crying..." Jack explained and I pulled out of his sweet, warm embrace and I bit my lip, blushing, not really wanting to explain.

"It was... So real. I couldn't breathe, I-I, this guy, he was wearing some outfit that I saw in your closet, and he forced me to watch him kill you, and he-" I stuttered out and Jack put his hand up, as a suggestion to be quiet and I pursed my lips. "Calm down, (y/n), I promise you, something like that will never happen. I'll be with you forever, I'll be there to protect you, and keep you safe, okay?" He said and I sniffled and sighed. "Thank you..." I breathed and Jack smiled and I hugged him tightly. I winced quietly as Jack hugged me back, and I buried my tear stained face into the crook of his neck, blushing softly.

I groaned as I heard the faded sound of what sounded like an alarm blaring loudly and I opened my eyes. I looked around and noticed I had fallen asleep on top of Jack and I blushed profously and tumbled onto the floor in surprise. I groaned and lifted myself up and I was surprised to see that Jack was still asleep after the commotion I had made.

"Jesus. Good to know he's a deep sleeper I guess..." I muttered to myself jokingly. I looked around the house and something felt somewhat different. The air was colder, the atmosphere felt ghostly.

I crossed my arms trying to keep myself warm, and I walked around the house. After a while, I froze in my tracks as I heard a slight bang come from the hallway behind the stairs. I looked down the dark hallway, dimly lit the light flooding through one of the windows of an opened up room. I shivered at the sight of it.

I heard the faint sound of what seemed like someone sighing behind me and I turned on my heels and my heart practically stopped. "Who-" I hesitated, stumbling backwards in surprise. I stared at the figure leaning against the wall by the window of the living room. It was staring out of the large glass pane, staying relatively close, or more likely in, the shade of the light pouring through. The figure took what appeared to be a cigarette out from it's mouth with two fingers and breathed out a large puff of dark, grey, smoke.

It turned to me and I saw the pale face of the large, ghost like figure, yet it looked painfully familiar. I took a sharp breath.

"Jack...?" I breathed, taking a step back as I watched it crush the cigarette against it's arm harshly, then it smirked devilishly. The light began to shine into the window onto it and It was only then I had seen how clearly it resembled Jack, but yet it had a more masculine build.

It was shirtless, it's body stained with what looked like blood. The figure took a step towards me and I was frozen in fear, Jack's words flashing through my head in an instant. 'I promise you, something like that will never happen. I'll be with you forever, I'll be there to protect you, and keep you safe'

I shook my head and remembered that Jack was on the couch, and I glanced over, where Jack was still laying, completely out. I then clenched my teeth nervously as I look back up at the second Jack that I hoped I was imagining. I looked him up and down another time and realized he was wearing the black, ripped jeans in Jack's closet, and I swallowed the lump in my throat.