One Big Misunderstanding *

Y/N Pov:

It's midday, about six hours before dusk, from what I can tell as I found myself standing on one of the tree branches, deep in the Hóngsè Forest, right below Smellerbee, with Sokka, Jet, and the others on separate trees. At least five to seven miles away from the 'trapped' village, just waiting for the fire nation troops to show up. So, we could ambush them. According to Jet, the importance of this mission was that he wanted to remind the Fire Nation of the Freedom Fighters' presence within the forest.

Jet had initially invited Sokka to join him on this crucial ambush mission, to which he agreed, only if I tagged along with them. Jet and Katara, we're obviously against the idea, with them bringing up last night's duel and all. Yet, Sokka insisted I tag along, as he countered their argument by noting that; if Jet is strong enough to press on, for tomorrow's mission. I should be no different.

Sokka still had his suspicions about Jet, no doubt, and there was still the apparent tension with Jet's group against me. Talk about keeping the peace, as opposed to watching your brother's back, despite the pain I was still feeling.

So, against Katara's and Jet's wishes. I agreed. I couldn't just leave Sokka by himself. Let alone have Jet out due me in pain tolerance. Besides, I've been through the worst.

"The Patrol is heading our way. Look 'alive'
Y/N." Smellerbee ordered as we both heard Longshots bird call up ahead. I nod in agreement,  unsheathe my sword, preparing myself for the coming assault.

"What are you doing, Sokka?" I heard Jet ask. As he watched, Sokka stabbed his blade on the same tree, placing the handle on his ear.

"I'm able to pick up on vibrations," Sokka explains. One of few old hunting tricks Hakoda taught us back home.

"How many people, Sokka?" I whisperer.

"I'm not sure, maybe one or two, I think?" Sokka guessed.

"Neat trick, Sokka." Jet complement.

"Could be a scout the patrol sent up ahead?" I suggested.

"Maybe?" Jet said. "Will take them out fast and quick. Everyone ready up." We all do what he says, pulling out our weapons and waiting.

Not a moment after. Someone did end up coming along our direction, but it wasn't a group of soldiers on patrol, let alone a scout. It was an older man. In dark red robes, with a walking cane, on hand. He had to be a fire nation civilian.

"False alarm! It's just an old man." Sokka announced. I let out a small breath as I heard that. However, Jet soon jumped off the trees, starting the older man.

"What are you doing in our woods, you leach." Jet spoke with evident anger in his voice.

"What's he doing?" I muttered, confused, jumping off the trees, watching Jet knocking the older man's walking stick from his hand, despite the older man's explanation of just being a traveler.

"The mission," Smellerbee answered as she appeared alongside me, with the others slowly following suit. The man began to freak out even more, so the second he noticed, the rest of us. Which, in turn, caused the older man to try to get away, only to bump into pipsqueak instead.

"Do you like destroying towns? Do you like destroying families?! Huh, do you?" Jet yelled, interrogating a now defenseless older man.

"No, please, have mercy!" The older man begged.

"What are you doing, Jet?" I asked him once again.

"What's necessary." Jet answered. He was about to kick the older man but only stopped as Sokka grabbed ahold of Jet's foot, using his club to stop the assault.