Chapter 0

Soft feathers were carressing my face as I started to wake up. No, not feathers, I realised as I began to become aware of my surroundings. It were featherlight kisses, leaving tingling sparks of electricity in their wake.

I felt lips gently puckering against my forehead, to my nose, my cheekbones, softly carressing both my eyelids, down to my cheeks, slowly but surely, inching closer to my lips, that were aching for his touch by now.

I was wide awake by now, and I'm sure he realised too, smelling how aroused I was getting and how my heart was trying to stammer its way out of my body. It rang in my ears, the anticipation getting to me.

Finally, his full lips closed over my chapped ones and my eyes fluttered open, meeting his awaiting ones. Familiar deepbrown eyes stared back at me, his arousal filling my nostrils now too.

"Goodmorning, beautiful." He whispered against my lips, not once breaking our gaze, his body hovering over mine, not quite touching, but not far enough not to feel the sparks.

There was nothing better than waking up like this, I swear. I snuggled my face in the side of his neck and inhaled deeply.

"We should get up," I said, being the voice of reason. "We both have work."

"Let's just stay here forever."

The way he delivered the message without an ounce of humor, made me chuckle against the sensitive skin of his neck, making goosebumbs arise.

"I don't think that's how it works, Mase."

"It should though."

For the sake of the argument I nodded and agreed with conviction, although playfully: "It really should."

As I snuggled myself closer to him, pulling more of his weight onto me, I felt myself fall back into a slumber.