Lifeless Meets Life

Carrie's POV,

I stared at my reflection. Dull lifeless eyes stared back at me, my skin as pale as a sheet and my blond hair in waves to my shoulders. Absolutely no sign of a smile was seen. Believe it or not, this is my happy face. Everything is going good. My cancer is gone, although I most probably am going to die in a few years. I have nothing to fear and I don't fear anything. Even not death. I feel free. Free of life. I can do everything now. My brother, Charlie told me everything about Hades and my 'father'.

"Carrie are you coming?" Charlie called.

We're going to move away from here although it's not allowed. I don't really care if it's allowed or not. We got fake names and everything and are moving to StoryBrook. No, We are not going to camp. We learned to shadow travel so we could avoid the monsters. Nico, our half-brother, learned us. It's actually pretty cool. Nico and I are very much alike. We're both sort of lifeless and pale only I have blond hair and he has dark hair. I guess those are the symtons of a child of Hades.

"Yes, I'm coming!" I yelled back, grasping my bag with clothes, make-up and so on.

I walked out of my bedroom to the hall where we're supposed to shadow travel towards StoryBrook. We already bought the house there. The mayor is pretty nice and obviously isn't suspicious. She actually seems to understand me a little. I only have to hide my identity for one year, in one year I'm eighteen and we can do everything then.

"Ready?" Charlie asked me as he got ready to jump in the darkest shadow and shadowtravel.

"Yeah, definitely!" I said nodding.

Charlie walked towards the shadows and slowly jumped in the shadow, shadowtraveling towards StoryBrook. I took a deep breath before hurrying to jump in because of the sirens. The sirens stopped by our house just when I was about to shadow travel outta here.

I thought about StoryBrook. The name, the mayor, the place and Henry. Yes, I met Henry. This isn't the first time we went to StoryBrook. It's just the first time we went there moving away from our house. We met Henry and the mayor Regina there. It was really exhausting but worth it.

I kept walking further into the shadows, a little panicking. I never thought of being stuck here. I concentrated again, my eyes closed, thinking about StoryBrook and kept on walking. Sure enough, there came some light from the otherside of the darkness. I kept walking, almost running until I was there.

The darkness faded away as I fell out of the darkness into my brother's arms. Although I'm not afraid of anything this has to be the most terrifying thing I had ever done. But that doesn't matter because; The thing that makes you scared makes you strong. That's my motto along with; There is no good, only bad and those who think they're good.

I looked around my surroundings and noticed we were on the middle of a road in the woods with a woorden board with 'Welcome To StoryBrook' on it. Obviosly we are on the border of StoryBrook then.

"Well, let's go." I said to Charlie and began to walk over the boarder and into the town. I felt a strange sort of energy but kept on walking. There was definitely something different about this town since the last time we came here and I intent on finding out.

Charlie's POV,

I hate to see her like this. So.... Lifeless. She's my sister and I love her but there is something wrong. She's broken and maybe just maybe the sister I knew may never come back. I thought maybe for a little while she would be fixed but no. I thought I could make her laugh or smile but no. Nobody can. Hopefully this town will be different and make her forget about mine and her horrible past.