PROLOGUE

The girl twirled around, snowflakes falling on her hair. Her arms swayed by her sides elegantly as she danced.

The snow made a noise every time her feet would hit it but she didn't care. She was too immersed in her dancing.

"Dear, come inside, how many times do I have to tell you to not play outside in the snow? You're going to get sick," Her mother hushed from the door, a mug in her hand.

The girl turned towards her mother with a wide smile, her brown eyes glimmered. A small smile also settled on her mother's face as she saw the happiness on her daughter's face.

"Mama, I was just dancing. It's so fun!" The girl exclaimed happily, skipping towards her mother. Her mother wrapped an arm around her waist and picked her up, putting the cup aside.

"It is? But why don't you do that inside? You'll get sick if you remain outside, you know." Her mother whispered, running her fingers through her hair, removing the snowflakes that had found their way into her hair.

"I just feel caged inside, I like it out here a lot, mama." The girl whispered as she laid her head on her mother's shoulder. Her mother gave her a kiss on the top of her head and nodded.

"Please avoid being outside for this long, okay sweetheart?"

"I will, mama, don't worry." She whispered as she stared at the snow that fell in a smooth rhythm. It felt so calming to be outside, she loved it out here.

"Mama, if I ever wander off somewhere, please don't worry about me." Turning her head up, she looked at her mother straight in the eye, her eyes swerving with different emotions.

"How can I not, my dear? You're my daughter after all," Her mom said, tucking a strand of her brown lock behind her ear.

"I don't know mama, I just don't know. " The girl whispered as she looked at the huge trees and darkness that was enveloping the forest.

Wicked, that's all it was.