Ch 17: Goodbye

Jeremy's P.O.V

I woke up five seconds earlier than Fangs and outside my room and I saw Lynn preparing breakfast. Eggs for everyone. "Slept together?" Lynn said, washing the frying pan. I nodded and hummed silently.

"Breakfast!" Lynn cheerfully said, putting the eggs on the dinning table and one at Fangs' bed.

Fangs ran to his bed then ate his food like a hungry beast. Hm, I love seeing him eat. It's just adorable.

I sat on my favorite chair then started to poke my food with my fork. "Haven't your mother ever told you not to play with your food." Lynn murmur. I looked at him with a demonic stare and Lynn seems to be frightened. "She doesn't give a shit about me, and I don't give a shit about her either." I stabbed the egg, making all the yolk melt out.

He sighed then ate his egg. I also did the same and it became the world's most awkward breakfast.

After breakfast I did the dishes then went to Fangs. "Have you ever seek for freedom?" I asked leaning while sitting down by the wall.

"Maybe. When I was at school." He joked and giggling afterwards. I giggled too but only for a second then I cleared my throat. Fangs saw I wasn't happy, so he asked.

I stared at him then leaned my head to his shoulder. "It's that..." I sighed. Then I continued. "I don't want to talk about it." I got off my ass then went in my room to calm myself down. Again, I started to cry. I slowly sat on my bed then heard the door screeched open. Lynn peeked inside and saw me being emotional.

He seems to feel guilty and then went back out. I should have raise my company normaly, I should have asked my brother for help. But instead, I killed him, I raised my company to become a beast. This is all my fucking fault. Now I've got my loved ones in danger.

They need to run. They need to be protected. They don't need me. I'm idiotic, deserve to die. I got up then started to make a mess in my room.

Lynn opened the door again but this time, he knocked. He came in with a glass of orange juice. "You haven't drank yet." That calm soothing voice, the fact on how Lynn is caring. He placed the glass by my raging fist, but I took it gently, with my body violently shaking, my hair a mess and not to mention my room.

He brushed my hair with his little pink nails then left the room. I wanted to throw the glass at first, but since Lynn's cute smile soothed me, I normally drank the juice.

It is now one hour before evening, I've been sitting on my bed the whole time. I went to my wallet and grabbed five hundred bucks and Fangs' old headphones then went outside of my room. I went to Fangs' bed to grab the doll I gave him.

The first thing I saw was Lynn playing with Fangs. I took a deep breath then went to them. "It's not safe here anymore. I--I--I think you two should leave." I handed them the money and tried to pull them up. "Jay, what the fish is going on?" Lynn asked, looking at the cash. I panicked and gave the headphones and the doll to Fangs then pushed them outside.

I threw the keys at Fangs then I held on the door, ready to close it. "Go. Run to Fangs' house. You two will be safe there." I took off Fangs' collar then stared at it. "I'm not getting out without my--" I shut the door before Lynn finished his sentence. "I'm sorry." I whispered to myself as I leaned against the door.

Lynn keeps on knocking but I ignored it then all of the sudden it stopped. Then I heard footsteps going further. I went to the small hatch at the door then saw that no one was there.

They're gone.

I sat down and stared at the collar. I began to cry and wanted to die faster.

The knocks are back, but this time it's louder and breaking the door. I got up then looked at the door. I couldn't stop seeing his face. Fangs.

The SEAL team entered the house and I raised my hands on the air as I was getting arrested. It's already the end. There's no going back.

Lane's P.O.V

What was up with him? Why did we have to leave? Lynn gasp for he was watching the news. "This just in, Jeremy Willson has been captured for murder and drugs." The news girl said.

Lynn cried then hugged me. I patted his head then cried with him. I asked him to get off my chest then I went to my phone book. Lily...

I called her and told her about everything then she came to my house after ten minutes. She hugged me then I started to cry on her shoulder. Her soft brown hair against my face. Beautiful.

"I'm so sorry, Lane. But there's nothing we could do."

I started to clutch her shirt and shake. "W-why does he has to go?... W-why wasn't it... Me? I-I was the one who knocked Freddie out... He w-was suppose to die... N-now... I...."

I couldn't stop shaking then Lily hushed me. "It's okay, it's not your fault." She tried making me feel better but it didn't work.

If I actually checked if he was dead or not, I could have just hit him again, then he wouldn't have to call the cops on us and Master won't be arrested.

"Yes it is... It's all me, my fault..."

Lily patted my back again then let's go of the hug. "Listen, it was never your fault, okay?" She held my shoulders then I nod.

She kissed my forehead then gently pushed me to the couch. Lynn sat down next to me then wiped his tears.  He hugs me and grips my shirt. I slowly hug him back.