Ch 19: Escape

Jeremy's P.O.V.

A punch in the gut. I started to laugh and fell on the ground. What can I say? I'm a masochist now.

He lifted me up by pulling my collar. I give him a slightly drunken smile. "You're crazy." He breathes heavily then let's go of me.

"I know."

I think I'm starting to like this whole prison life thing. "Alright, who wants some of the good stuff?" I asked. Everyone stayed quite and didn't reply.

"No one?" They seemed frightened of me. My body is filled with scars and bruises. I started to laughed like a psycho. "What a pity."

Court time is already over and we have to move back to our cells. I sat on my bed then a guard knocked on the bars. "You have a visitor." He opened the door then I stood up and walked outside.

A visitor? Who would go all the way over here to see me? Unless it's...

When I got there. I saw Fangs and Lynn waiting by the phone. I sat down and picked up mine. "F-Fangs? Lynn? Why'd you come here?"

"I was scared that you might be dead and-" He froze for a second and focused on my face. "Master... Were you beaten up?" He started to get worried then I tried to calm him down.

"It's nothing..." I touched my bruised cheek then he got more worried. "What did they do to you?" He asked, looking like he's about to cry.

"No, it's just... I wanted it." Fangs got surprised and asked what I meant.

"I... I love pain, okay? So I like it here." I said,  trying to convince them to accept that. Fangs pulled something out from a plastic bag. A small box.

"I got this f-for you... So you'll remember us..." He stood up crying and gave the box to one of the guards so he'll give it to me.

After a while of checking the gift, the guard handed it to me. I opened the box and saw a photo of them. My loved ones.

"We t-took this awhile ago and..." He stayed quite then Lynn decided to finish the sentence. "We wanted to give you one." There was also a note at the back of it.

Please take good care of yourself and remember that I'll always love you.

-Fangs

I looked at Fangs with tears rolling down my cheeks. I touched the glass then he does the same. "I'm sorry that I did this to you two... I should have left you two alone..." I started crying more then Fangs hushed me.

"It'll be alright. Take care." He put the phone and left with Lynn. The guard pulled me back to my cell.

I took a long look at the picture while lying down on my bed. They look so cute...

I turned the picture around and read it again.

I have to see him again...

I placed the picture under my pillow then slept. I have to escape tomorrow, I want to see them. Even if I said I like it here. I'm busting out.

The next day, when I was walking to the cafeteria, I ate quickly so I could begin my escape. I sneaked behind one of the guards and slowly grabbed his gun and key card.

He quickly turn around when I got it then I ran away. I quickly open the door and without thinking, I ran to the court. The guards surround me as I reach the corner of the wall.

I lifted my gun to my head and they lowered their weapons. "Put weapon down!" He yell while I shake in fear.

When he took a step closer, I yelled. "Don't get any closer!"

I rethink this thing. Everything is hard to process as I see a vision of Fangs when I closed my eyes.

I dropped the gun then buried my face in my palms. "I'm sorry..." I whispered to myself while the guards pulled me.

Time has passed. I don't even know what I'm doing. I've been sitting on the bed for so long, I lost track of time.

I couldn't believe I almost forgot the picture when I was about to escape. I put my head down on the pillow and rested my eyes.

Everything is dark now. My eyes are open but I can't see. Then the lights turned on. I'm at home. Dressed in my suit. "What the?" I started to realise it's just a dream.

My bedroom is clean and tidy. I turned the doorknob to find Fangs. I saw him sitting on his bed. I ran to him but tripped then everything got dark again.

Then I could see again. But now I'm at the park. On the grass with Lynn sitting next to me. I hugged him then he was quite surprised. "What's wrong?"

Then I woke up. I quickly lift my head and looked around. "My dreams are getting weirder..." I said to myself before sleeping again.

After a few hours of sleeping the guard knocked on the bars to wake me. "You have a guest." I stood up and walked outside.

It's Nathan this time. I sat down and picked up the phone.

"Did you just woke up, Mr. Willson?"

"Yeah. Why'd you come?"

"I told Alex already."

"Good."

He stayed silent and looked around with a bummed face. He hung his head and sighed. "Is there something wrong, Nate?"

He looked at me back then put his hand on the table. "Yeah... It's just..." I raised a brow then he continues. "I can't believe it's actually over."

"Who's gonna help us if you're here? I mean, Fangs is seeing things, Alex is anxious, Lynn is crying. And your workers. They're all worried."

"Look, Nate. I know how much you want me back, but I can't leave."

"I know..." Suddenly, his phone rang. "It's Alex." He eyerolled then answered his phone.

"I told you, you don't need to know who I am." He angrily yelled.

"Have you seen the news?! It's all yours!" He yells again then I widen my eyes.

"Look. If you don't believe me, I'll put you on speaker. He'll talk to you about it by the prison phone." He said angrily before putting it on speaker then placing his phone near the prison one.

"Alex..."

"Sir..."

His voice started to shake and I could tell he's crying. "Who w-was he...?"

"My friend." I said with no emotion. "Sir, I'm not ready for this. I can't handle this responsibility." He Says in fear.

"It's okay. I trust you."