Chapter 1: The announcement

It's my first time publishing any text here so I'm super nervous haaaaaa-... I hope you will like it ;;
Also I'm French so my English might be...uh...weird (?) but I'm trying my best to improve it !!
Feel free to correct me whenever I make a mistake, I promise I won't get mad !!

__________________________________________

Yangcha blinked multiple times out of surprise, he couldn't believe what he had just heard. It had to be a joke, there was no way he had missed something that big in all the years he had served Tagon. However the amused expression on his master's face confirmed his fear.

— It's unusual to see you this surprised. said the leader of the Daekan Forces in between two sips of wine. Why ? You don't think I would do a great father ?

His right hand man frowned, he didn't really like the way his master made light of the situation. A reaction which only made Tagon want to tease him more. It was rare to see Yangcha express any type of feeling, most of the time he looked like he didn't care about what was happening around him. And even when people talked to him he would only look at the walls or the ceiling. A behavior which annoyed more than one but which no one complained about, that was the law of the strongest.

— Are you mad I didn't tell you before ?

The question immediately made Yangcha drop on his knees, his eyes riveted toward the floor. It was his own way of saying it wasn't the case and that it would never be. To most people a reaction like this would have only been seen as grandiloquent and hypocrite, however for the masked warrior this gesture was more than sincere. As his most loyal servant he never would have allowed himself to succumb to such petty feelings, that would have been the same as betraying him. Tagon was Tagon, he could do everything he wanted and Yangcha didn't have a word to say in it. The servant didn't need to know what his master was scheming, what he was doing or with whom he was working, all he needed to do was to follow. If his lord had wanted all of his allies gone Yangcha would have killed all of them. If he had asked him to torture a child Yangcha would have found the most painful way. If he had told him to die Yangcha would have obeyed right away. Anything Tagon wished for had to be accomplished. In his opinion the soldier didn't blindly follow his leader's orders, no. He followed whatever his master would dictate him because he knew he was never wrong, everything he did had a purpose and with him even a failure could turn into the greatest victory. Which is why the servant wasn't angry at his lord for keeping this information to himself, if he had chosen to do so it must have been for a reason. And if his servant had wanted to know so much about it he should have paid more attention to his master's behavior.

— Then why are you so worked up ? Said Tagon more to himself than to Yangcha.

The leader of the Daekan Forces was curious. Having as a right hand man someone who wasn't allowed to talk would have been a burden for anyone, but not for Tagon. His servant was for him a perpetual challenge and he was someone who liked when things were complicated. Because of his mask the soldier didn't have many facial expressions which made him hard to read however his eyes would often betray his feelings. But even that way he would remain quite mysterious for most people. Of course Tagon wasn't like most people, he was more observant and more thoughtful. Whenever he would come up with a plan he would blaber some parts of it out loud not to help himself think but just to observe Yangcha's reactions. He liked seeing the young man connect all the pieces together and rejoice. Had the masked man been a simple puppet who only followed his orders without thinking Tagon wouldn't have kept him by his sight, however his right hand man was smart. He knew how to adapt to situations or when to retreat, he wasn't the type to discuss orders or to act recklessly. And even when he was kept in the dark about his master's real aim, when facing difficulties he would always opt for the right behavior. He was the perfect balance between loyalty and intellect, which probably explained why he was so good at pleasing Tagon. Without words the two men perfectly communicated, almost as if they were connected.