Wanted Distraction

It shattered her heart, she had never seen Lena cry. Then she panicked, unsure of what she could do to help; the Luthor was sensitive in more abnormal ways, perhaps even unpredictable. She did not want to risk it at the same time.

Kara sniffed the odor of age-old liquor mixed with petrichor and saw the shattered glass shards from afar, that was when she made a solid decision. It reminded her of Lionel, though the only thing she knew about him was that he was an alcohol connoisseur - or a drunkard.

"Lena?" she called gently, inching closer.

The girl snapped her head up and sank further into the uncomfortable bark, pressing her hands into the wet dirt and soil of the earth.

The Luthor yelped, snatching her hand away and cradling it against her chest.

The broken shrapnels of glass on the ground snagged themselves into her skin when she startled from whatever she was doing.

Lena grimaced, scowling as she examined the lightly bleeding damage done to her right palm.

"You dummy!" Kara scolded, grabbing her wrist, "We're cleaning that up right now!"

"N-No! Please!"

The blonde immediately loosened her grip, "What? Why?"

"I..." she swallowed heavily, felt like her mouth was made of cotton and that lead weights were pulling her eyes down, "I don't want to go home."

"So, you did run away."

"According to school classifications. Yes. My mother's too busy with work. I told my maids I'd be in and out. They don't come looking for me in the woods, so I often go back to grab...food and...stuff."

Kara observed the slur at the end of her sentence and made an angry face, looking at the ground ridden with alcoholic beverages.

'Food' she says.

"Looks like you get more stuff than food," she stated sarcastically.

Lena ran a hand over her face and leaned against the rough bark of the tree, "I-"

She lost her balance and swayed until she tipped against Kara, mumbling incoherent things into her collarbone, who squeaked at the ticklish heat of the Luthor's breath.

"I think I'm going to-"

"Going to wh - Lena!"

Kara grimaced when the contents of her friend's stomach poured all over her shirt.

"Shit. I think I...might be...a little...drunk."

"Shit. You think?"

"That kind of language's unbefitting of a lady," Lena teased, mocking her mother's tone.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. C'mon," Kara hoisted her up so she leaned against her broad, supportive shoulder.

"Okay."

The pair took a step and the drunk instantaneously faltered, passing out from sheer exhaustion.

The full weight that leaned against Kara slackened and she ended up having to carry her.

She had a moment to contemplate.

Should I use my super speed? She's sleeping.

Then she shook her head.

No. Bad idea. She could wake any time.

The blonde looked at the mansion receding as she increased the distance.

Well, she's drunk so...it can't hurt.

Within several seconds, Kara lifted herself and her precious cargo into the air and speedily flew away.