five

Kenzie's POV

I finally found my coach thanks to that guy that helped me out. Throughout my entire warmup, I couldn't get that guy off of my mind. He has these gorgeous green eyes and dirty blonde hair. He was so helpful as well.

"Kenzie!" my coach claps in front of my face, snapping me out of my day dream.

"Oh sorry coach, I'm just really nervous," I say trying to hide my thoughts about that boy. I think he said his name was Johnny.

"You're on in 10 minutes. Don't let me do yourself down. We have been working so hard for this for ages. You can do this, I know you can. Just give it your best and remember to be confident. Good luck!" my coach says giving me a pep talk.

10 minutes!!! That's only 600 seconds! I can't believe it. I'm about to go on to stage to perform a piece that will either make or break my career as a singer this year. I really hope that I'll do well and that I'll make the team. It probably won't happen but hey! A girl can dream.

"Mackenzie Ziegler please come back stage," the coordinator says over a loud speaker.

I walk over to the left wing of the stage where I am greeted by the stage manager.

"You'll be on in 2 minutes," she says with a soft smile on her face.

"Okay thanks," I reply.

I prepare my self with my usual pre-performance ritual. I shake my left arm, then my right arm, then my left foot, then my right arm 8 times each. I then repeat this until I get to one dividing the number by 2 each round. (it's like the dance moms handshake if you know what I mean) I'm just hoping that I won't mess up. I run through the lyrics one last time replaying the pitch of my voice in my head. Let's just hope that my voice doesn't crack.

"Please welcome on the stage Mackenzie Frances Ziegler, contestant #241," I head over the speakers, indicating that I should step onto the stage.

I take a couple seconds to breathe and walk myself onto the stage. With a few short steps, all the eyes in the auditorium are suddenly looking at me. I immediately felt self conscious thinking that there was something wrong with me, but I then remind myself that they just want to hear me sing.

I introduce myself saying, "Hi I'm Mackenzie Ziegler, 17 years old, and today I am going to be singing an original called 'emoceans,'"

I hear the backing track play indicating that I should start singing. I'm nervous at first, but soon the music fills my ear and gives me the courage to do my best.

🎶 Laying in my bed, my head aches
Thinking too much what people gon' say
They all got a price, a price I gotta pay
They all got a game, but I don't wanna play
When I got all these emotions
Rolling like oceans, trying to bring me down
When it gets crazy, I know that maybe
I get a little freaked out, yeah
Don't care what they say, 'cause it's only noise
Yeah, I know I got a choice
When I got all these emotions
Rolling like oceans, trying to bring me down
But I won't drown
But I won't drown
Oh, oh, oh, emotions
Oh, oh, oh
Reassurance, I could use a little
When I'm on my own, don't meet me in the middle
But it's in my hands, I gotta stay swimming
Keep my head up like I'm still winning
When I got all these emotions
Rolling like oceans, trying to bring me down
When it gets crazy, I know that maybe
I get a little freaked out, yeah
Don't care what they say, 'cause it's only noise
Yeah, I know I got a choice
When I got all these emotions
Rolling like oceans, trying to bring me down
But I won't drown
But I won't drown
Oh, oh, oh, emotions
Oh, oh, oh, but I won't drown
Yeah, I cry sometimes
Lose my mind sometimes
I've been lost and found
But I won't drown
Walking on the sea
Found the fight in me
Trying to bring me down
But I won't drown
No I won't drown, yeah
(All these emotions, rolling like oceans, trying to bring me down)
But I won't drown, no
(I got all these emotions, yeah)
But I won't drown
Oh, oh, oh, emotions
Oh, oh, oh, emotions 🎶

I wrap up my performance. Honestly, I am proud of how I did today. I may have made a few mistakes here and there but I'm sure they weren't big enough for a lot of people to notice. I'm just glad that there weren't any accidental voice cracks and that I was able to do my best, at least it was in my opinion. What did the judges and audience members think? Well there's only one way to find out and we're gonna have to wait for that...

Hey guys, it's Brielle. I'm so sorry that I haven't updated in forever, but we both have been very busy with school. Hope you guys enjoy this chapter and are enjoying the story. I will try to be more active and I hope you guys will be with this story as well cause it's flopping. Thanks for the support guyssss 💓