seven

Kenzie's POV

I stepped off the stage and once again meet those emerald eyes that I had first seen not so long ago.

"Johnny. Hi," I greeted him as a small gesture of thanks for what he did earlier.

"Hey. You did amazing," he replied.

I couldn't help but blush. No Kenzie. STOP. You don't even know anything about this guy. Just because he did something nice for you doesn't mean you should just fall for him that easily.

I turn around trying to hide my face from him. I didn't want to seem like another one of those girls that are probably all over him. I mean he's gorgeous. I bet there are so many girls that would kill to have a guy like him.

Since he watched me perform I thought it would be a good idea for me to watch him perform and see just how good he really is.

So I ask, "When is it your turn to perform?"

"It's still a little while from now. Maybe around half an hour from now. Are you gonna stick around to watch me perform?" he asks.

"Sure," I reply with a grin.

"Great," he says smiling back at me.

We just stand there staring at each other for a good 30 seconds when someone taps on Johnny's shoulder.

"What's up Juannn," greets the brown-eyed brunette girl.

"Annikannn!!!" he screams while giving her a tight hug.

That hug felt like it lasted forever. I was just standing in the background alone awkwardly. It was as if Johnny forgot that he was talking to me just a few seconds. Who was this girl and what was her deal?

"Ahem," I cough for catch their attention.

"Oh right, I almost forgot to introduce y'all to each other. Annie, Kenzie. Kenzie, Annie," he introduces us to each other.

"Hi!" Annie says enthusiastically.

I didn't believe that sweet act she was pulling off. There was no way that's how she really was. Wait, am I jealous? No, there is no way. I do not like Johnny. Repeat it again. I do not like Johnny.

"Hi," I reply with a fake smile.

"I heard you perform from the back earlier. You have a beautiful voice," she compliments me.

"Thanks," I say.

Ok, well maybe she isn't that bad.

"I have a feeling we're going to be very good friends," she says as she takes my arm and leads me away from Johnny.

Well I didn't think so. I turned around and waved a little at Johnny so that I didn't feel bad for leaving without saying anything. I had a feeling that this "friendship" with Annie wasn't going to end well.

❗️ANNOUNCEMENT AND SORRY ❗️
Hey guys, it's Bri. I'm so sorry that I haven't updated in months. There has been a lot going on and I've kinda lost inspo for this story, but I'm going to keep going, or I might just discontinue this and start a new story. Let me know what you guys think. I hope you guys are enjoying this story so far and I'll try to be more active. Thanks for reading!