Wither Heart (1)

"The mystic forest houses the coven, a clan of witches with prowess for the mystic arts," Stella said, "We'll go there to purge his curse." Stella nodded her head towards Rain's direction.

"You've heard of nothing from them since the undead reign," Ser Patrick objected, "They are far isolated and the danger that awaits you are unknown!"

"We have to take this risk," Rain said, voice grave.

"And save you again?" Ser Patrick slammed his fist against the table.

"What are you without a dragon, dragon tamer?" Ser Patrick asked. It's obviously a rhetorical question.

"Now that is just mean," I cut in, "A person is more than his or her title."

"Says the girl who refuses any title," Ser Patrick retorted. That hit a sore spot. I had plenty of titles back at the village, the Kid who Threatened Callum, the Nerd, etc. It hurts, knowing you have to live up to the titles. Besides, titles now remind me too much of home.

"Silence!" Rain snapped, "You speak of zombies as an obstacle. But I alone have faced far more powerful foes than these walking corpses you speak of."

I cleared my throat.

"Relax," Stella chuckled, "We're more than capable of putting up a fight. Don't worry about us sire."

Ser Patrick looked like he's having a headache, "Agh, your call. But this time, I won't be responsible for whatever happens to you, dragon tamer. You better get back here sa--"

"We will get back here safely," Rain interrupted. And after a moment of hesitation, "See you soon... sire."

___________________________________________

I used the original dialogue, plus a bit of Iris's quotes here and there. Just to make it clear that I don't entirely own that.

~Iris

___________________________________________

"You sure about coming with me?" Rain asked me on the way over the bridge.

"Hey, you're practically my best friend, since you're the only one from the village. And I'm not known for being social," I said. My thirst of revenge died with Herobrine, and the only friend I have is Rain and possibly Azura. We only had that one conversation about Rain, and the fact she ran for me when Rain stormed the Nether.

"Speaking of which, talk to more people, know more friends," Rain said, "You can't always stick with me."

I let out a sour, pained laugh, "And how exactly am I going to do that? Randomly find a person and say hi? The people here wouldn't talk to me, I'm a mysterious, Ender Watcher-like girl who just came here out of nowhere." To that, Rain has no answer. We continued on in silence.

"There's the big road," Stella called out, "Watch out for monsters!" The big road is a wide road of cobblestone. In other words, it's big. The big road heads to a friendly village which was friendly to my old village. Unfortunately, the friendly village fell to the zombies.

"Maybe... you don't need to be friends with the Frostbourne," Rain said, I looked at him strangely.

"You don't blend in. You said so yourself, and yeah, the Frostbourne are like that," he said, "It took me a long time just to get the friends I have now, and that's including you."

"So you're suggesting I leave the Frostbourne," I concluded. I could feel the truth from his words, I feel more comfortable with endermen than with humans, I feel more at peace alone in my room. Is it a mistake leaving the End?

"Your call," he said, patting my back. I pondered on his words the whole trip until we reached the village.

"Notch..." I whispered under my breath. Roofs lay collapsed and cobblestone walls were littered across gravel paths. Windows were shattered and broken banners of the undead lay across various places of the village.

"Never really came here after..." Rain whispered under his breath. Stella looked at both of us weird.

"Do you both know people here?" She asked. We nodded.

"Some, at least," I explained, "We trade frequently with this village. Sometimes we come over and interact."

"The ties between our village and this village is so tight sometimes we come for funerals and weddings," Rain sighed, "Poor people." We kept walking.

At one point we reached this tiny landbridge when I realized Rain is lacking behind, Stella did a second later.

"Notch... no..." I could hear Stella whisper under her breath. Rain was hunched over, a strange red misty aura around him. When he looked up, he seemed a lot more tired than he seemed a second ago.

"I'm fine, keep going," he managed. I shot him a look that says, No you're not fine.

Rain only shook his head as a reply and continued on.

We kept traveling until nightfall, which Stella spent lying down on a piece of log reading, me prodding the fire in boredom and Rain hugging himself like he's cold.

Suddenly, Rain grabbed his sword and sliced an arrow in half. I got out my own bow and began to fire at the huge mob of mobs coming at us. (It isn't even intentional what's wrong with me)

A zombie, check. Skeleton no.2, check. The zombie trying to sneak on me, check.

Since Herobrine is gone, the mobs have gone stupider and stupider, which is lucky for us, I guess. Soon, we defeated them all. But when I turned, I saw Rain hunched over again, with those red mist things too. He then turned to face us, and I forced down a scream.

One of his eyes is now identical to one of a zombie, I hope it's just the wither, not that he's actually turning, again.

___________________________________________

The Other Survivor is coming to an end, just a chapter and a epilogue left.

And personally, I'm planning a sequel! Yes, I am since I do need this. Remember, the whole purpose of the Other Survivor is to destress.

So yeah, see you in the sequel, readers!

~Iris