twelve,

Taeyong had no idea how long he'd been dancing.

Song after song passed by in a blur.

He sucked down another couple of alcohol and grooved with anyone who happened to be nearby.

Male, female, it didn't matter.

He loved to dance and he was going to live it up while he had the chance.

At that moment his partner was a guy with inky black hair and a multitude of piercings.

His eyes were wild and Taeyong knew he had to be on something, but Taeyong didn't mind until the guy crowded him and pressed something to his lips.

Taeyong jerked back and shook his head.

"No."

"Come on, baby." The guy lifted his hand again. "It's just a sugar cube."

"I said no."

"Don't be like that. It'll make you feel really—"

"You heard him, he dont want that."

Taeyong stilled at the familiar voice.

Yuta stepped up beside him and suddenly the guy was all apologies. He took off through a gap in the crowd and Taeyong turned to face Yuta.

He hadn't seen much of him since the incident with Johnny at the shop.

Yes, Yuta still popped into the shop occasionally, but he didn't linger as he had before and he wasn't anywhere near as flirty.

Right then, though, his arrogant smirk was at its highest wattage.

He looked good; Taeyong couldn't deny it. Yuta was gorgeous.

Taeyong crossed his arms, appreciative of Yuta's looks, but not affected by them as he might have been before.

"Taeyong. Long time no talk."

"Yeah."

Yuta made a production of glancing around.

"Who are you here with?"

"Sehun and Johnny hyung."

"Ah." Yuta's smile twisted with amusement. "You up for a walk?"

Taeyong bit his lip.

He had no real interest in taking a walk with this guy, and he didn't think Johnny would like it if he did.

But he was still wondering what the deal was between Yuta and Johnny, and there would be no better source than him.

Finally, he shrugged.

"Sure."

Yuta inclined his head. "Follow me."

Taeyong obeyed, trailing behind as Yuta wove his way around the dancing couples.

They moved into the corner.

Yuta stopped when it was just bright enough for them to make out each other's features in the near-darkness.

Taeyong leaned back against of wall.

"I assume you have something to say."

"More like do," Yuta murmured.

He approached until he was close enough for Taeyong to feel his body heat.

"I seem to recall making you an offer the other week. I'm still up for it if you are."

Taeyong clucked his tongue and gave Yuta a considering look.

"Well, as I was about to tell you that day before we got interrupted, I'm not interested."

Yuta shifted a bit closer. "Oh, really?"

"Not at all," Taeyong said, keeping his eyes on Yuta's. "But what I am interested in is why Johnny seems to hate you."

"Yeah, he does, doesn't he?"

"Mmm-hmm. And what's the story there?"

Yuta shrugged and dragged one long finger down the center of Taeyong's chest.

"Why don't you ask him?"

"I already did."

Yuta laughed. "And he wouldn't tell you?"

No, he wouldn't.

Johnny's immediate reaction had been to shut down and brush the question aside.

It'd hurt, but the look in his eyes prevented Taeyong from pressing the issue at the time.

Of course, Johnny's refusal to answer served only to make him even more curious.

When Taeyong stayed silent, Yuta's fingers started toying with the hem of his shirt.

"What are you gonna give me if I tell you, Taeyong?"

Taeyong smirked and tried to make it as cocky as the ones Yuta normally gave him.

"Good, old-fashioned gratitude."

"That's not enough. I'd prefer a good, old-fashioned blowjob."

Taeyong rolled his eyes.

"So not happening."

Yuta shrugged again and backed off a few steps.

"Well, you can just go on wondering then."

"Okay. If that's how you wanna be."

Taeyong turned on his heel and started walking away.

"Johnny, huh?" Yuta called out after him. "So many pretty boys around him. I'm jealous. First, Sicheng and now, you."

"Sicheng?"

"Yes, his cousin. So innocent and beautiful. You know, I had his ass first, I tore his little boy pussy up, and I made it really memorable. He ain't never gonna forget me. Should i do the same with you, huh, Yongie?"

Taeyong meant to keep walking. Honestly, he did.

But before the idea even registered in his brain, he was already halfway back to where Yuta stood.

He kept going until they were less than a foot apart, and that arrogant grin goaded him into throwing a punch that Yuta never saw coming.

He felt the crunch of bone under his knuckles with almost unholy satisfaction.

Yuta stumbled back a few steps and fell to his knees, his hands flying up to clutch at his nose.

"Fuck!" he yelled. "You broke my nose!"

"Yeah," Taeyong growled, halfway tempted to kick the bastard while he was down. "And you won't be forgetting that anytime soon, will you? Good."

Taeyong turned, but froze before he could take a step.

Johnny and Sehun were standing a few feet from where he stood, both wearing similar expressions of shock.

Taeyong smiled at them, not bothering to look back at Yuta, who was cursing and muttering behind him.

"Ready to go?" he asked with false cheer. "I think it's about that time."

He didn't stay to see if Sehun and Johnny agreed.

By the time they made it out of that place, he was already waiting for them at the car.