Episode 25

Episode 25:

"I'm mad at you, just so you know." I told Rosendale while walking home. We're not supposed to go together but she's the one who insisted. Dati naman, nauuna pa ako kung minsan. Ang arte. Is this what relationship means? Damn annoying.

"What did I do?" she asked. She looked so innocent to the point na ako ang magmumukhang may kasalanan. Simangot na simangot ako.

"You told Cheddy!" I hissed. Mabuti na lang talaga at hindi ko siya kaklase sa lahat ng subjects or else buong araw akong guguluhin no'n. She was so persistent to know every little details of how Rosendale and I ended up being together. She thought I was straight. I know I was straight. I just didn't know why of all people, I started getting stupid feelings with this stupid, suicidal woman.

It's not like I desired this to happen. Everything happened so fast. It was uncontrollable.

"What's wrong with telling her?" she asked. I huffed at her. She's making it look like it's not the heck of a big deal. Well, news flash, it was for me! "She's your friend, she deserves to know. What, you don't like that we're dating?"

Hindi ako nakasagot. The idea of dating was still new to me, especially that it's her who I was dating. Rosendale Ibañez, the university's psychopath─who turned out to be just a girl with lots of issues and twisted thoughts. And she's a woman, which didn't really matters to me even way back, although I did think my first will be a guy. I didn't give a thought about dating to be honest. I even dislike the idea to be involved with someone. Romance was a no-no but look at where I was now─being with her─romantically. What a fucked up reality.

"So?" Napalingon ako sa kanya. She's waiting for me to answer but I just rolled my eyes. Nakakainis siya magtanong. "Despite getting together, you can't still be honest, do you?"

"Shut up, stupid."

"Do you want to eat?" She asked instead, ignoring my rudeness. She held me on the wrist, pulling me a little bit closer to her. "Streetfood?"

I suddenly felt myself craving to such. It's been a while since I ate streetfoods. Tinanguhan ko siya. "KKB tayo."

"Huh?"

Hindi ko napigilang mapangiti. What the hell, was she being serious? She didn't know what KKB means? Quite...cute. Mukha siyang galing bundok kind of cute. "Kanya-kanyang bayad."

"Oh," Napatango siya. "Sure."

Ako na ang kusang humila sa kanya papunta sa bilihan na alam ko. The last time na pumunta ako rito, si Nalyn the plastic ang kasama ko. Nakikita ko pa rin naman siya dahil classmate namin siya, paminsan-minsan ay iniirapan niya ako pero iniirapan ko lang din pabalik. Pero mas napipikon iyon kapag nginingitian ko nang matamis. Mas naiinis iyon lalo na kung hindi siya pinapansin ni Rosendale na talaga namang walang interes sa iba. Si Cheddy nga, ngayon niya lang halos kinausap. Although naiinis pa rin ako sa mga sinabi niya.

Maraming tao as usual. Halos ma-filled yung table, sakto sa bandang dulo kung saan may nakatayong puno ay may bakante pa na good for two. Some looked at us, more like, kay Rosendale. They're schoolmates, meron pa akong namukhaan na kaklase ko sa ibang subject. For sure, si Rosendale lang naman ang nakakakuha ng attention nila. Maybe now they're starting to wonder why she's always with me but no one really dared to ask. It's not like I'll waste my time telling. Bahala sila.

"Anong gusto mo?" tanong ko. Sinenyasan ko siyang maupo na ginawa naman niya. I fished out my wallet. I rested my bag on the seat beside her and she put hers on the table surface. "Ako nang bibili para hindi maagawan ng pwesto."

May mga dumadating pa kasing iba. Marami rin kasi talagang napunta rito, yung iba tumatambay lang kahit kaunti ang binili kaya madalas walang maupuan ang iba. Insensitive din kasi ibang tao, akala mo sila lang customer kung makapag-stay ng sobrang tagal.