~Chapter Forty Nine~

The day of Lavender Vanilla's first performance ever was soon to arrive. For the past week or two, I was busy helping the staff with the groups schedule and organizing their wardrobe. I was starting to miss working in the office but at the same time I was becoming quite favorable with my temporary position. I was starting to remember the days of how me and the members would fool around, crack jokes and stuff our faces with choco pies before I had to tell them that it was time to get back to practice. Those were the days when I would come to the studio and watch my husband come up with some of the most beautiful and influential lyrics that the world has ever known. Seeing him in the studio at he sat down listening to his works was pleasing to my eyes and ears. How his face would go from soft to serious and vise versa. He would get flustered every time he catches me staring at him and his face would go to a beet red. The only difference now is I'm working with a girl group and little did I know that there's be a lot more work being out into it. 

My day today was filled with many surprises as well. Yonjun surprised me with a bag of authentic small bag of rice he ordered from Malaysia, Emily had treated me to lunch, and we had a random work party. I had asked a few people if something special was going on, like someone getting a promotion, or someone celebrating their work anniversary. But to my surprise, the all said there was nothing special going on. 

I had just finished putting the clothes for Lavender Vanilla's upcoming performance in a separate room. When I got out of the room, I headed straight to the dance room to get the girls back to practice. Just moments before I leave, Jisu calls out for me and is already steps away from me. She was hiding something behind her back, I couldn't really tell much but the smile on her face pretty much showed that she had something to give me. 

"Y/N I have something for you...it's not much but I hope you like it" She reveals a medium size purple bag and hands it to me. 

"Wait...you didn't have to honestly. "I said as I attempt to give it back to her "I can't take this" 

She gently pushes the bag back to me "No. It's fine....It's a thank you gift...for helping me out and being a good friend to me. I wanted to thank you for helping us get noticed and actually helping me become more approachable. And for helping me getting back with Taehyung, even though things started out rough"

"Oh...it's nothing really. I'm just doing my job that's all" I clutch the bag in my hands, unsure of whether to look in it or not"

"You can open it if you want!"

"Really? Okay then" I chuckle. I open the bag and the first item I see is two small dozen of assorted mini chocolates. The second item I saw was a tiny bottle of perfume. Ironically the scent was Lavender Vanilla. It was in the shape of a flower. I chuckled as I held onto the the bottle looking at it like a curious child. "How cute"

Jisu laughs while covering her mouth "It is isn't it? I loved it it! Taehyung thought it was cute so he picked it out"

"O-oh how thoughtful of him." stuttered. Why would he give me such a gift like this? 

"Last weekend, we went to a very popular mall and got the perfume. While we were looking around and shopping for clothes, Taehyung stumbled by the perfume shop and picked it out. He tried it on, but he accidentally sprayed his face." She laughs. 

I laughed as well but I was still feeling a bit uneasy about the perfume. Perhaps I was just over thinking. I never really cared for perfume as much, besides body oils. Hobi didn't mind me not wearing perfume all the time but he would occasionally seduce me to wearing some, but that  often lead to other things. 

"Thank you for the gift, Jisu. I really do appreciate it. Looks like I'll be having these chocolates for dinner." I say jokingly as I walk to the door.