Chapter 4

Bramblestar POV

I was waiting at the entrance to the stone hollow for the cats that were going to the Gathering with me, planning how I was going to say that Firestar got killed. Soon, every cat I was taking with me was ready, and we left. We went through WindClan territory, meeting the group of warriors that were headed to the Gathering to represent WindClan. When we reached the fallen log, I signalled for ThunderClan to stop and wait. Onestar gave a nod of thanks. I noticed that ShadowClan and RiverClan were already there. WindClan crossed, then we crossed. I went straight for the tree that the leaders sat in to address the Clans. I jumped in and sat beside Mistystar, one branch below Onestar and Blackstar. Mistystar signalled for the Gathering to start. "We have three new apprentices, Specklepaw, Sandpaw, and Nightpaw. That is all." The Gathering island exploded in chants of 'Specklepaw, Sandpaw, Nightpaw!'

Blackstar went next. "We have one new warrior. Dustpaw has become Dustflame." 'Dustflame!'

Onestar went next. "We have four new warriors. They are Rainspring, Twigblaze, Mintfeather, and Paleberry." 'Rainspring, Twigblaze, Mintfeather, Paleberry!'

I went last. "I have some very sad news. A few sunrises ago, Firestar was killed by Ashfur. I have become the new leader, and Lionblaze is my deputy. Also we have four new warriors. Dovewing, Ivypool, Bumblestripe, and Blossomfall."

"We all mourn for Firestar, for he was a very noble and strong leader. If you are half as good as him, you will a very good leader," Mistystar said, dipping her head. "With that, this Gathering is over!"

"ThunderClan, we are going home!" I yowled after sharing tongues with the other leaders for a while. We all got up and left through WindClan territory. When we got back, I saw that every cat that hadn't gone to the Gathering had already gone to sleep. I went to my den to go to sleep. Squirrelflight came with me, and curled up in my nest. I fell asleep to the steady breathing of my mate. I woke up the next morning to see that Squirrelflight was just awakening. I went to the nursery to see how Dovewing was doing. I guessed that they were bound to come soon. Then, I went to check and see if Lionblaze needed help with patrols. It seemed to be going good. I heard a screech from the nursery. Then, Ferncloud came out and went straight to Jayfeather's den. There was another screech. I guessed that Dovewing was having her kits. Sure enough, Jayfeather came over to me and said that he wanted me to find a stick. I found one and took it to the nursery. I saw Dovewing and took the stick over to her. She looked at me gratefully before a wave shook her entire body. I backed out and went to find Bumblestripe. I told Lionblaze to not send him out on patrol because his mate was kitting. Soon, she was done kitting. There were four kits, two toms and two she-kits. Dovewing and Bumblestripe named them Rowankit, Acornkit, Hazelkit, and Puddlekit. Puddlekit and Rowankit were the toms, and Acornkit and Hazelkit were the she-kits.