Living in 2055 (Ch. 1)

Key: italics during conversation = whispering

          italics out of conversation = thinking

          bold in all caps = LOUD NOISE

          bold otherwise = not-loud noise

____________________________________________________________

  Welcome to 2055. A decade ago, dreams became reality. The first android, later named Meiko, was created. A teenage girl-like robot with no free will. Four years later, technology had gotten advanced enough to make A.I. sentient. The first android, Meiko, was the first to be given sentience. Due to being viral on the internet, the public demanded to be able to see her more. She loved this attention, and with enough work, a social experiment was created. The ones responsible for her creation, Crypton Future Industries, made her into an idol. With the public's love of Meiko, more androids were created. Eventually, they joined society. Inevitably, people started to develop romance with androids. Due to this, scientists changed the human species as a whole. Since androids had much longer lifespans, human lifespans were increased to match. Along with this, the reproduction cycle was greatly slowed. Of course, there are people who believe androids are unnatural and want them destroyed. There are governments in the world that refuse them, as well. While that happens, people in Japan are living in harmony with the androids. And that, of course, brings us to you. A high school boy, just a normal high school boy. For now, at least...

 Y/N's P.O.V.

BEEP BEEP

(Y/N): Ugh... wha... what? I'm getting a feeling of déjà vu. Oh yeah...

  I got up and got ready for school. Today is my first day at my new school. I was one of twenty humans chosen to go to the first high school made for androids. Why was I chosen, you ask? It was random, simple as that. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. I mean, I've never met an android, especially one of my age. It must be quite the experiment, though. I mean, they flew me to Tokyo, paid for my apartment, and gave me everything necessary for my new life here. And I guess I get to be part of history. And with all the talk of android and human love, I would kinda like to try it.

timeskip

  Walking up to the school, I definitely feel intimidated. Seriously though, who doesn't when they're walking up to a new school where first impressions are everything. Oh god, I'm making myself feel worse.

Luka's P.O.V.

 The front of the school is crowded, since everyone is just getting here. And then there's me, alone in the gate. Once some time passes most people go to their homerooms, but there's one boy staying behind.

 Come  on Luka, you can do this. Just walk up to him. Make a friend for once in your life. If you were the first android to befriend a human student, everyone would be in awe.

(???): H-hey. I'm new here, so I thought I'd make a friend. Any protests?

(Luka): AAH!

  Of course I fell. Like he'll be my friend now...

(???): Are you okay?!

(Luka): Y-yeah, I'm fine.

  Woah, he's super cute! Too bad I already went and ruined it by falling. He must think I'm a clutz.

Y/N's P.O.V.

  Woah, she's super cute! Too bad I already went and ruined it by making her fall. She must think I'm a dick.

Luka's P.O.V.

(Y/N): Heheh, sorry if I scared you.

(Luka): N-no, it's fine. I've b-been needing a f-friend, myself.

  Stop stuttering! Talk to him like a normal android being!

(Y/N): Well then it's settled, we're friends! I'm Y/N by the way.

(Luka): I-I'm Luka.

  TOTALLY saved it!

  The bell then suddenly rings and my eyes widen.

(Luka): S-sorry, but I have to get to class!

(Y/N): Okay, see you whenever!

timeskip

  I arrive to class mostly unnoticed and sit in my seat. After the class representative does the morning routine, the teacher calls our attention.

(Mr. Leon): Listen up, you damn idiots. There's a new kid joining us today, and he's a human. I'm sure you've heard, but every class from every year is getting one human student. Come in and introduce yourself, bastard.

(Y/N): Hey, uh... I'm Y/N. Nice to meet you all.

(Mr. Leon): Good, now go sit down. There's a seat next to Luka, the pink-haired girl. Take it.

  He comes to the back and sits next to me. The classroom erupts in chatting about a human in an android school.

  This is the best day of my life. I make a friend AND he's in my class!

(Y/N): To think I'd meet the cutest girl in the world AND sit next to her in class.

  I begin to blush.

  Uh oh, am I blushing? Wait, is he flirting with me?!

(Y/N): Ha, made you blush!

(Luka): S-so does that mean you were flirting with me or just joking?

(Y/N): Who knows? But anyway, let's change the subject. As my first and only android friend, how about you take me around the city later? I am new here, after all.

  A friend that INVITES ME TO SPEND TIME TOGETHER? I've never been so happy!

(Luka): I'd love to!

________________________________________________________________________________

Ah, yes. The remaster that no one asked for. A remaster of a story that was never finished. Let's just say that story ended with everyone dying off-screen. I already like this one more, but tell me what you guys think!