Prologue

Prologue | Earthquake

"Nicole, are you alright?" Brie asked.

"Brie, I swear I'm fine. I just need to get some things from the house then I'll be on my way to the airport." Nicole said as she talked on the phone with her twin sister as she walked up the stairs of her rental home.

"Nicole, this is an important event please be on time for your flight." Brie said.

"Yes, mom." Nicole said.

"Bye, Nicole." Brie said.

"Bye, Brie." Nicole said, ending the call and placing her phone on her bed then walking into her closet.

Before she could grab her suitcase, a sudden violent earthquake happened. Nicole quickly tried to grabbed the counter to steady herself when a crack appeared on the floor and was continuing to widen. Nicole started screaming.

She was going to get suck down by it.

"This can't be happening." Nicole said.

Her legs tremble as he braces himself against the counter, sliding from left to right, just barely struggling to a standing position, and it's all she can do to stay upright, the room crashing around her until her limbs are jelly and panic has taken over. She tried to move away from the now huge crack on the floor.

Suddenly, Nicole tripped, falling down through the crack into the inky blackness.

Everything seemed to slow. Nicole was reaching for the surface, her legs curling towards her. She was screaming with panic on her face.

And then.

Everything went black.