Set 40

"Alright! This dot can be marked! Go ahead and mark it!" Mr. Topper shouted from the scaffolding.

Here I was at another long band rehearsal wanting to leave. I couldn't leave though because we were marking dots. This process takes forever to get though because people kept talking or reading their sheets wrong.

"Go and take a 5 minute water break." Mr. Topper said snapping me out of my daydream.

I walked over to the bus barn where all of my section had put our personal belongings.

No sooner had I sat down, Nick came over and sat by me. Why did he come over here? That was all I could think of. What did he want to talk to me about?
"Hey Harmomy! What's up?"
"Not much." Just wondering why you came to sit by me. Since I thought you like Emily. But whatever.
"Ahh. Such a great life I guess."
"I mean if you wanna call it great. Be my guest but it really isn't all that wonderful."
"Band!!! Go to set 40 now!!!" Mr. Topper yelled into his megaphone.
"Well. That was short" Nick said once Mr. Topper was done yelling. "Looks like we should head back out. Talk to you later!"
We was he so interested in me all of a sudden? Whatever. So I smiled and nodded back to him.
I guess having someone talk to me is better than no one talk to me. And hey, it's a guy so I'm not complaining too much.