Chapter 1 The stings

Hey my name is Sleana Dorrin sorry I didn't notice you at first I was to busy getting ready. Today in class we get to drink the elixir that allows us to see the red strings of fate. Or in my case I get my eyes. Before our misinterpret that there are a few beings that after taking the elixir can switch between their normal eyes and the ones that allow them to see the fate strings. My whole life I have always been alone so this is the first time I will ever get to meet someone who I can be with. I couldn't be happier.

Sleana rushed out the door and into the streets sprinting as fast as she could, she slid into her desk just as the bell rang.
"Ok children, as you all may know today is a free day you can roam around because today is the day you will find your soulmate." The teacher shouted as she passed the vial filled with the bubbly red liquid to each of the students. As soon as Sleana got her's she gulped it down faster than lighting.

I grabbed my vial. I couldn't wait any longer to know but the moment I felt the liquid trickle into my throat I dropped to the ground. It felt like fire was rushing through me and then it all went to my eyes. I kicked and flailed and did everything I could but nothing worked I had to sit there as I felt the fire spread through my eyes. Then, it stoped. It took me a minute to clear what had just happened to me and I stood up. I could see the students but they had red strings tied around their pinkies and attached them to other students pinkies. The string of fate. I looked at my finger and the string ran out of the room. The teacher gave her nod of approval before I rushed out. Then the floor beneath me, and I fell. Deeper and deeper and deeper, until I hit ground.