Chapter 6 An unexpected trip

Grim's and mines relationship has improved a lot and he's not so distant anymore, but one thing is causing me a lot of trouble. That new ability. Now I never actually explained this but, what happened is I switched a piece of our souls. What that did was make me part immortal and him part mortal, it's very hard to do but it can be done. So when I killed him I got to absorb his soul. Now it has been causing me a little pain because a human body is not supposed to have a soul that belonged to death inside it. That and it gave me the ability to shadow travel . What is shadow traveling you may ask, Well it is like teleportation except you can only go to things that cast a shadow. Well you could see how this would cause some problems. So I was walking to school today, why because that's what we did back then on Mondays we went to school. So I'm walking there and I step into the shadow of a tree by accident and suddenly I'm somewhere else. I see nothing, and then I'm hot. There was a lot of sand, and heat. Then it hit me. I'm in the desert. So what did I do, I start walking. I needed to find something, ANYTHING that cast a shadow and I would only have enough energy left for one more trip before I had to recharge. Then I saw it, it was a dead tree but it would work. I ran and fell face first into the shadow. Then I felt..... cold?

I hadn't seen her today. I can normally keep track of all the mortals in the city or even for the next 50 miles around. So I was puzzled, she wouldn't take a trip without telling me, and she hadn't died I would have had to reap her soul. So I was afraid of what has happen to her by now and because of my job I couldn't go searching I just had to hope for the best.

The first thing I saw before I passed out was a giant electronic build board saying in big letters
新しい髪シャンプー偉大な効果絹のような滑らかな

Then I blacked out l. I woke up on a hospital bed with several people around me I heard a woman say
"彼女は大丈夫だと思いますか" then more people
"私は前にこのタイプのけがを見たことがありません"
"彼女に起こったこと"
"彼女はどこの出身ですか"

"Ok excuse me. Where am I?" I say
"あなたは東京にいます。 私は英語をよく理解できますが、私からは難しいように話されます"

"Well.... ok  I didn't understand a word you just said. I'm going to get going now."
Then I jumped into the shadow of the bed.
I landed in another strange place and I wandered around for a bit before I ran into someone.
"hola como te llamas l.  Bienvenido a Mexico"
Ok I'm out.
Around my 10th try I was getting frustrated and I just wanted to go home. So I gave it another try. I went through and found myself face to face with a sign
歡迎來到中國享受您的逗留
China. I'm in China
I was about to loose it when I felt a hand on my arm, and suddenly I was back in my bed face to face with Grim.
"Where have you been all day." He said in his deep growly voice
"I got lost, shadow travel sucks."
And with that he disappeared. And I passed out because I haven't been in my bed in 15 countries.