Her Assassin's Heart - Book 2

byWriterByNight12

SEQUEL TO HER SISTER'S FIANCÉ**London of the mid 19th century: a city of feigned propriety, snobbery, and tempestuous attempts at the upkeep of the law. Beneath the veneer of upper class purity lies deceptive immorality with all its debase angles. Hypocrisy of society, however, dictates that those openly found to be lacking in virtue are outcast from the good graces of the well-to-do. .

 .If they're female, that is. . .Cassandra Antrucha played the game. She was the butterfly society dictated she be, but now, London demands that she wallow in the murk of their loathing. Cassandra, however, has never been one to bow and scrape, and what reason is there for her to start now? 

She has seen both sides of the fence now, and the desired ballroom pet she was before is gone. Forever. If she has anything to say about it, that is. But between a mother who wishes to destroy what little of her reputation is left, the wild moors of Scotland, and the darkness of her world at large, can she survive long enough to enjoy the life she has been given? 

And what can she do when she finds her heart yearning for a man who can never fulfill her youthful dreams? A devil men fear, an angel men desire. Can they come to terms with the love forming between them?