Chapter 11

Minho's POV
I help Teresa bring Thomas to the bed. He was left unconscious in some sort of party. We set him down as Teresa looks at him. Looks at him with something in her eyes. I look up and notice someone is missing. My chest starts to hurt at the sight that Y/N is gone. Newt quickly walks up to Brenda and gets in front of her. "Where is she?" He asks with a cringe on his face. Brenda shakes her head as Newt puts his hand over his mouth in disbelief. Newt runs up the stairs i'm guessing to the next story or up to the roof. I watch as my vision slowly becomes blurry with the tears in my eyes. I walk over to Brenda as I sit with her. "What happened to her?" I ask. She looks at me and tenses up. "It's not what you think. We found her back at Jorge's locked in a closet as she was being dragged by a Wicked guard. We killed him and brought her with us out of the place. We ran from cranks and both her and Thomas saved my life. We were walking here and we turned to look and she was gone. Like as if she vanished. We would have turned back to go look for her until we got stuck in that party. She never showed up..." Brenda says clearing her throat. I look over at Matt. He sits there looking at his shoes. She was the one who took him in. The one who trusts him. And now she's gone. I look over at Teresa sitting next to Thomas. I watch as he sits up rubbing his eyes. I get up to walk over to him. "You scared us there shank." I say smiling and giving him a hug. Thomas lets go and looks around for someone. "Newt?" He questions as I tilt my head to the stairs. "He's up there. Had to have some alone time when he saw Y/N didn't show up. Brenda told me what happened." I say putting a hand on his shoulder. "You don't understand. Minho, it was just like she vanished. We were walking through a village of people exposed to the virus. When Brenda and I made it here, we looked behind us and she was gone. I turned to go back when this lady stoped us and brought us to the party." He says as a million thoughts go through my head. What happened to her? I think as I feel sick to my stomach.

Y/N's POV
       I follow behind Landon as he walks out of the door. "Watch your head." He says walking underneath a smaller doorway. I duck my head and bring it up at I look at the back of his neck. He has lines on the back of his neck. Like a tag. A marker of some sort. "So, why does that woman treat you as her servant?" I ask him as we walk past more people exposing themselves to the virus. "To level with you. I'm from Wicked." Landon says and continues, "These people captured me and use me as their slave. Soon, I'll be sold back to Wicked." I nod as we walk in silence. I watch all of the awful stares as people watch me walk past them. As if i'm some sort of criminal. "Were you in the maze trials?" I question Landon as we both continue walking. He nods. "Yeah. I was with a group of both boys and girls." He says as he looks down at his shoes. As he walks, he kicks the sand around like some kind of 2 year old. "How many of you made it out?" I question as he stops walking and turns toward me. "3 of us. Two boys and one girl. But the girl was taken to paradise back at the sanctuary." He says cringing his tan forehead. "I miss her." He adds. "You were at Janson's sanctuary?" I question as his eyes widen. "How do you know so much about Wicked? The sanctuary? The maze? I thought that information is classified to outsiders." He asks as he stares straight into my soul. I laugh as I look down. "I lied." I say as I hear a small gasp escape from his mouth. "I'm from Wicked too." I say looking up at him. He puts a finger on his lips as if he is telling me to be quiet. "We can't talk about that here. Follow me. I know a place we can talk." He says about to walk away. "Wait what! Landon! I need to get to my friends!" I whisper shout at him. He aggressively turns around and grabs my shoulders. "Around these parts, you can't mention you know Wicked personally without some sort of hand cuffs. If someone did hear you, then they will sell you back or worse. You want to get to your friends right? Then follow me and I'll make sure that happens." He says with concern on his face. I nod as I follow him to an ally way. Is he really from Wicked? What if I can't trust him?
Landon shuts the door behind me as I look around. A small building to its ruins. The walls barely standing. Landon turns around to me and coughs at the dust. "This is where I use to go to get away from Rex. But enough of that! You were with Wicked too?" He questions as he stands in front of me about 4 feet away. "My name is Y/N. I was part of the Maze Trials with all girls and one boy. Two of us made it out to Janson's sanctuary. We met more people there and escaped the place-." I kept on until Landon stops me. "Why would you escape some place with such hospitality? They kept us away from Wicked. All Janson wants to do is keep us safe." Landon says. I shake my head. "You don't know do you?" I ask as confusion wipes any other expression off of his face. "Janson works with Ava Paige. The sanctuary is Wicked." I say as Landon puts his hands over his head in worry. "My friend is still there! The boy. But Rachel was able to make it to paradise." Landon says as I feel my pupils dilate. "I'm sorry who...?" I question. He turns over to me as he says her name again. "Rachel. She was the girl out of my group who made it out of the Maze and to the Safe Heaven." Rachel... he must mean. I gasp as I loose myself in my thoughts.
"Rachel. She was called the first night. I told her everything was going to be okay." Aris says looking down. Rachel, she helped out Aris and I find the ventilation shaft. She was taken.
       "Landon... she's not in paradise." I say slowly as he turns my way. "What do you mean?" He asks. I walk over to him and I pull a chair under him. He looks down at the chair with a worrisome expression. I push his shoulders down for him to sit as he takes a deep breath. "Landon, I was in the maze with a boy named Aris. Me and him are the only ones who escaped to the sanctuary. After a day of being there, your group came in. Rachel sat with us one day when you two were being tested. She told us she found a ventilation shaft leading around that place. But she told us that she couldn't trust them. She knew she was going to be taken. We told her it was going to be okay and that she would be safe after that. Once they called her name, she was taken the next day to 'paradise'." I say as Landon taps his leg uncontrollably. "So what's she bad about that? How do you know she's not in paradise right now as we speak?" Landon asks as he stands up. I put my hands on his shoulders and I firmly sit him back down. "After Rachel was taken, Aris decided to roam the vents to see what he would find. He ended up finding a door that the vents didn't lead to. But as he was examining the door through the vent, one of the doctors that tested us came walking down the hallway to make sure no one was looking. Then she called for her people to come. Those people brought bodies. A lot of them. They rolled them into that door with covers over them. They're was ten bodies... the same amount Janson called out." I say as he stands back up and starts to pace back in forth. "How do you know they weren't just sleeping and taken to paradise that way?" He questions as he continues pacing back in fourth. "Because Aris, A guy named Thomas, and I all went in there using a key card that Thomas took. We looked in there and everyone who was called. They were hanging on the wall. They weren't dead... but they weren't alive either. Janson was taking their blood and making it into some blue substance." I say right when Landon throws the chair. "Did you see her!" He yells with tears in his eyes. "Did you see Rachel?!" He adds as he walks close to me. I nod. He hugs me and puts his eyes in my shoulder. The intensity of his screams make me want to cry. I sigh as I put my hand on his back comforting him. "I don't want to go back there, Y/N." He says looking back into my eyes. "Their going to sell me back and I'll end up like them." He says hyperventilating. I shake my head as he stares at me with confusion. "I'm not going to let that happen." I say as he steps back and runs his fingers through his hair. "What do you mean? What can you do?" He questions standing there waiting for my answer. "I don't even know you." He adds. I smile as I say, "Yet you trusted me when that information." He looks down debating weather he should have told me so much about him. "You can come with me." I say as he looks back up at me. He looks down at his hand cuffs. "But what about these." He says holding up his electric hand cuffs. I walk to him as I examine the trap around his hands. "We can get it off. I know there has got to be someone in my group who can bust it open. You can come with us to the right army. You'll be free." I say as he smiles. He loosens his shoulders and says, "I'd like that." He opens the door and turns toward me. "Thank you." he says with a exhale of relief afterward. I follow him out as I revert back to my thoughts. I'm glad we're becoming stronger. I'm glad that we can continue to move forward after what all of us have been through.
       We walk along the sandy path as I still get the god awful stares, but it's just reliving that none of them are approaching me. It's like Landon is my ticket through this place they call civilization. It's kind of sad to watch. Mothers walking around holding their children's hands as they cover their mouth when they cough. Old women not even able to stand anymore. But family comes first. If Landon and I don't make it to Markus' place in time, then there is possibilities that I will never see them again. And that's not going to happen. Not if I have anything to do with it.
As were walking, my mind reverts back to Brenda's bite on her left leg. I wonder if her and Thomas made it okay. I hope the others made it okay. I hope they found each other.
       I'm lost in my thoughts when I feel a slight tap on my shoulder. "Up there. That's Marcus' place." He says pointing up a beaten up rusty stair well. The sound of screams fills my ears. Sounding as if someone is in pain. And it's coming from inside.