ᵀᴴᴿᴱᴱ

Mark coughed as he placed a hand over his mouth, groaning as his throat felt dry, which it might've been because of all the crying he did last night. Mark opened his eyes and then sat up, regretting it as his head spun from getting up too quickly. His parents were heard shuffling outside his room, and Mark looked down on his wrist again.

Lee Donghyuck.

Just by looking at the name, Mark felt a mixture of anger and sadness. He had no idea who this Lee Donghyuck person was, but all he cared about was that it wasn't Haechan. He couldn't bring himself to tell Haechan that he wasn't his soulmate. And so, Mark got up from his bed, hurried over to the attached bathroom and wrapped his right arm, the one with the tattoo, with a white bandage that covered all the way to the middle of his arm. He looked down at it one more time, before getting refreshed and dressing up for school.

"Mark?" His Mum called out as he rushed downstairs, already making his way for the door instead of the kitchen. "Wait Mark!"

Before she could say anything else, he slipped his feet into his shoes and escaped through the door, thankful that it was unlocked. His mum appeared in the doorway a few seconds after he left, but she didn't call out for him again. She guessed what had happened and watched her son leave sadly.

As Mark made his way down to school, he looked up and saw a bunch of kids crossing the road. Two of the kids were walking hand in hand, and Mark squinted at it, sighing as he felt like telling them that there wasn't any point in dating anyone, since it'll only cause you pain once you get your soulmate. Mark was nearing his school, and caught a glimpse of Haechan standing by the gate. He felt his heart ache as he realised that Haechan had bags under his eyes, and was clearly exhausted. He must've stayed awake all night.

"Mark!" Haechan said as soon as he laid eyes upon him. Before Mark could do anything, Haechan grabbed his arm and lead him through the school, ignoring Jaemin and Jeno, who were trying to reach for Mark's wrist. Somehow Haechan successfully dragged Mark into one of the empty classrooms, and stopped, taking a breather. He looked over at Mark, and his eyes slowly shifted down, at the white material that covered half of his arm. Mark was pretty sure he saw Haechans eyes stay there for a good couple of seconds, and nearly teared up.

"Haechan I-" Mark choked on his words, and Haechan frowned, tightening his grip on his bag. He had never seen Mark this nervous, other than the times he would be climbing up the stage to perform. So seeing Mark stress out about the soulmate mark, it was making Haechan worry more than he already was.

"Mark are you okay?" Haechan asked, even though his mind thought of another question, along the lines of 'who's you're soulmate' and 'am I your soulmate?'.

"I'm fine." Mark replied, bringing his hand up to his hair and brushing it back, getting a clearer view of Haechan. "I need to tell you that..." He took a deep breath and closed his eyes, knowing that he wouldn't be able to see his reaction. "I think that...that we should break up."

"Huh." Haechan froze and his mouth dropped. Mark kept his eyes shut and gulped, scared that he hasn't heard any response. Haechan wasn't bad with sad or heartbreaking things, but when it came to romantic relationships, he was quite the opposite. His last relationship was with Jaemin, and those two were still pretty good with each other, in fact they helped each other get with the people they liked. But for Mark, the two met and apparently both gained feelings for each other really quickly. With Jaemin, Haechan and him started liking each other after knowing each other for nearly a whole five years, only to realise that they were better off as friends. "No."

Mark raised his head and cracked his eyes open slowly. He saw Haechan's eyes tears up and nearly moved forwards to stop him, but stopped in his spot.

"Haechan-" Mark started again, but Haechan simply put his arms up and shook his head with a smile, repeating what he said a while ago. "We have to. You- you aren't my soulmate."

"That doesn't matter!" Haechan said, wiping the tears in his eyes before they could fall. "We can still make it work! You don't have to tell anyone about the fact that you're with someone who isn't your soulmate."

"Haechan-"

"Please Mark." Haechan said, tilting his head and inching forwards to put his hands on Mark's cheek. "We can not tell the government, hide it from other people! I'm sure Jaemin and Jeno would help us, after what they've been through."

"Haechan!" Mark said loudly, causing the silver haired to flinch by the tone. "We can't okay! We'll be killed alright, and I don't want anything to happen to you."

Haechan lowered his gaze and Mark felt bad, well of course he did, he was the one to make Haechan upset. He bit his lip and then decided to be the first one to leave. Honestly, he was so in love with Haechan, so reverting back to friends was something he wasn't willing to do. He wouldn't be able to handle it. As Mark walked past Haechan, he got stopped.

"Wait." Haechan whispered, still looking down. "Can I at least know who your soulmate is?"

"Oh. Yeah." Mark stopped and glanced at his arm, before turning to Haechan. "I don't know who it is, but uh..it's some guy called Lee Donghyuck."

"What?" Haechan swiftly spun on his heels and raised his eyebrow. The tears on his cheeks got wiped quickly afterwards and a small smile crept up. "Mark, you aren't joking right?"

Mark shook his head and Haechan burst into laughter. He held his hand over his stomach and closed his eyes to laugh loudly. Mark frowned as he saw Haechan gasp for his breath and then place a hand on Mark's shoulder.

"Mark." Haechan said, pursing his lips and then smiling at him. "My name's Lee Donghyuck."

Mark stared at Haechan with the same blank expression he had a while ago. He's Lee Donghyuck? Since when? When Mark and Haechan first met, Mark was so mesmerised by Haechan's beauty, he couldn't even manage to get any words out. Instead, he just stared at him and nodded along. So when Haechan introduced himself, the only thing Mark heard was, "But no one calls me that anymore, so you can call me Haechan". Ever since then, Mark had already heard everyone call Haechan by his nickname and not his real name.

"You're Donghyuck...?" Mark blinked slowly, trying to understand what was going on. Haechan nodded happily, before pulling Mark into a hug. Mark's lips parted to say something, but he quickly wrapped his arms around Haechan and sighed.

"You actually scared me, you know." Haechan mumbled against Mark's neck. Mark laughed and then pulled away. "I was worried that you were really going to leave me. And I can't believe you don't know my real name! A fake boyfriend "

"Hey!" Mark playfully hit Haechans arm, and then took his hand to lead him to their class. "When we met I wasn't paying attention to your talking. It's not my fault you're so good looking."

"Shut up." Haechan replied, looking away to hide his blush, but his hands betrayed him and also heated up. Mark laughed and then tugged his arm. Haechan turned around and Mark immediately caught his lips with his own, smiling into the kiss and cupping his hand gently. They pulled apart and shyly smiled at each other, before realising that they were, in fact, late for lesson.

-
a norenmin story will be coming soon :D

🎉 You've finished reading ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴄᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇ ʜᴀᴇᴄʜᴀɴ | ᴍᴀʀᴋʜʏᴜᴄᴋ 🎉