Five

I feel a hand run through my hair. "It's time to get up, we still have to load the beds and the movers will be here any minute." A voice whispers happily. I open my eyes and it's my mother.

"Your excitement annoys me." I turn my body to the other side so she can't see my face.

"You have 5 minutes and then I need you downstairs ready to help." She says starting to walk away.

"What about breakfast?" I ask in a groggy voice.

"We will get some on the way out of town." She says and then I hear the door close.

"Ahhhhhhhh!" I scream into my pillow. I don't want to do this.

I then feel an arm wrap around my waist, I remember last night. A smile instantly forms on my face. "Good morning darling." I hear Shawn say. I look at him and his shirt is off, he figured out how to take his clothes off a few months ago. But God, I love it when he tells me good morning. His voice just sounds so amazing.

"I can't do this, I can't leave you, Shawn," I say grabbing him into a hug.

"It's okay, I'll be fine, I promise." He whispers into my ear.

I feel tears forming in my eyes. I can't cry, not yet.

"I need to get dressed," I tell Shawn before crawling off the mattress. I put on some black shorts and my oversized 'I survived New York' T-shirt that I got from Amazon. It's a spider man homecoming thing.

After I brush my teeth and put my hair in a messy bun and go downstairs. Sammy is taking boxes to the moving van and my mom is talking to the movers that just arrived. She stops talking at them and looks at me. "Oh, honey can you help your brother." She points to a lot of boxes that have kitchen things in them. I simply nod and grab a box.

When I pick it up it's extremely heavy. This must have all the pans in it or something. I walk out the door that was already open and go down the stairs. The box was pretty big and I could feel my fingers slipping as I get closer to the truck. "Woah, Woah, Woah." I hear a male voice say from in front of me. I can't see who it is because the box is blocking my vision. "Let me help you." I hear him say.

I then feel fingers touching mine from the bottom of the box. "Thank you," I say as he takes it from me. The man does it easily, I guess I'm just weak.

"No problem." The man turns around to go to the truck and I realize who it is.

Jace.

"Jace?" I say surprise to see him. We haven't really talked since the day on the pier almost a year ago. We have given each other half-smiles in the hallway at school, we also have a streak on Snapchat. I'm not mad at him anymore I've gotten over it, it's still kind of weird though.

"Yup, that's my name, don't wear it out." I couldn't see his face but I got a vibe he was smirking.

He places the box in the truck and climbs up so he could put the box with the others in the back.

I notice he's wearing joggers and a champion shirt, which seemed to be what he always wears.

He jumps down out of the truck and lands in front of me. "Nice shirt, but didn't you say you've never been to New York when we were dating?" He says confused. when I hear the word dating it kind of makes me cringe.

I look down at my shirt and chuckle. "Oh sorry, it's just a reference to a movie."

"Oh." He chuckles and looks back at the truck. "So you're really moving?"

"Yeah." I sigh.

"Well, then I guess this is the last time I'll see you." He says but it sounds like a question.