Eleven

A/N there's a marvel reference and a Q&A reference from one of Shawn's shows see if you can find them!

As I exit Brian's apartment complex, the fresh air hits my face. I almost fall over just feeling the sun on my skin. I breathe in all the air and fill up my lunges. It's weird breathing again. It feels different. I feel more alive. "Woah," I say astonished of this feeling. Brain comes up behind me and puts his hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah I know, that dumpster smells amazing." Brian chuckles.

I look to my right and see a dumpster right beside me. There are flies and trash all in it. I scrunch my face looking at something that could probably pass as being puke. "Gross," I whisper.

"Come on let's go." Brian pulls me in the direction of his car.

On the way to the car, I look at everything I can like I've never seen the the outside world in my life. The sun is out and the sky is blue. The clouds look so fluffy and bright it's like God or something is behind them. The trees and grass are so green. There are so many cars and people walking around and shopping. Brian lives in downtown Coos Bay so there are lots of people.

This is incredible!

I said this before but it's insane how much you don't realize you miss something until you see it. When I was alive, well the first time, I never would have realized how beautiful the world around us is.

I get into Brian's gray car and he turns on the radio. A Billie Eilish song comes on, Bad Guy. Gracie used to play this song all the time and sometimes lip-sync the words and in a creepy way. It always made me laugh. She lip-synced to almost all the songs and would act like she was in the music video.

When she would do that Taylor Swift song, you need to calm down, she would get this big attitude when lip-syncing it to me. God, I miss that.

Brian goes to change the station but I grab his hand before he can. "I like this song."

"Why it's so overplayed?" Brain asks.

"I don't know it just reminds me of Gracie." I smile thinking about her.

"Okay fine, but you need to get over her at one point. She's gone and now that you're alive and pretty good looking you could get any girl you want." Brian pulls out of the parking lot. I look out the window thinking about what he just said.

"But I don't want any other girl," I whisper. Now that I'm alive all I can think about is finding her.

We get to Taco Bell and I run in before Brian can even get out of the car. I hear him yell "dude!" But I don't stop.

When I get in I notice there's hardly anyone in here besides an older couple and the workers. Then I look at the menu. I really just want some tacos. I'm literally starving.

When I was little I would tell my mum I was starving and she'd respond with "you're not starving. Starving means you haven't eaten in days you're just hungry." It would annoy the shit out of me but this time I'm really starving.

Brian comes in and stands next to me. "I'm guessing you aren't going to pay for your own food?" Brian jokes.

Before I can answer a teenage boy comes to the register. He was wearing the Taco Bell uniform. He is scrawny and has brown curly hair. "Hi, how can I help you?" He asks. Brian walks up closer and orders his food. Then it's my turn.

"Can I have like 6 tacos?" Don't judge me I'm freaking hungry.

The boy's eyes go wide. "I'm sorry did you say 6?"

"Um." I look down and then back up at the boy. "Yes," I say awkwardly.

"Okay." He says trailing off and rolling his eyes. He was clearing judging me but whatever.

We sit down in the corner of the restaurant and Brian gets on his phone leaving me to sit here and be bored. "Sooooo." I start and Brian looks up.
"D-Do you maybe want to take at-trip to Miami?" I ask nonchalantly with an innocent smile.

"What?" He asks like I'm a crazy person.

"Brian listen, I love her and now that I'm alive I have to go see her. How could I not?"

"Shawn it's a 4-day drive."

"We could f-"

"Noooo we are NOT flying!" Brian objects. I forgot he's afraid to fly. (A/N I know Brian is not actually afraid to fly but just go with it for the sake of the story.)

"Fine, then I guess we are driving." I shrug.

"Shawn I can't go to Miami."

"Why?"

"I-I got homework." He says awkwardly. Brian is in college so he can't really leave.

"I'm gonna pretend you didn't say that," I say quickly. "Listen you're on a break anyway so we could drive down there and then you can drive back."

"What just me? You're going to stay down there?" Brian asks in shock to what I just said.

"Yeah, I can't leave her again."

"Where are you even going to stay?"

"I'll figure something out but Brian please!" I beg him.

Then the same guy brings us our food on a tray. "Thank you." We both say at the same time. He smiles at us before walking back to the register.

Brian grabs his quesadilla and opens it bringing it out of the packaging. "So?" I say waiting for an answer.

"I don't know Shawn, let me think about it." I roll my eyes and grab my first taco.

~

///Brian's POV///

Shawn basically inhales is tacos and looks like he's having an orgasm just eating them. I haven't even finished my quesadilla and Shawn is 4 tacos in. "Dude these are so good!" Shawn says chewing with his mouth full.

I just give him a half-smile. I've really been thinking about going to Miami I just don't think I can. But this means everything to Shawn even more than the tacos. "I can eat more tacos than anyone here!" Shawn yells to the few people in the restaurant. Everyone just stares at him and I give them an awkward wave.

"If I take you to Miami you have to promise it will be a quick trip and no sightseeing. I know you just." I lean closer to him. "Came back to life but you will have to see the world from the car window," I tell him.

Shawn finishes chewing. "Okay deal!"

"But you have to figure out how to find her."

"Easy," Shawn says with no hesitation and then realizes that it might not be that easy. "Or not." He shrugs. "It's fine I can do it!"

"Okay." I grab my keys and phone and get out of the booth.

"Where are you going?" Shawn asks chewing another bite of his taco.

"Miami."

"Now?" He says with his mouth full again.

"Yeah now come on." I wave for him to follow and then head out of Taco Bell to my car.