Chapter 1: Stormy Weather

"Come on, Manon, give it back!" Marinette pleaded with the toddler, trying to grab a hat from her. She was babysitting the active toddler. It was another one of those favors she just couldn't say no to. Meanwhile, a fourteen-year-old girl sat on the couch, making no attempt to help her friend, and was instead cheering on the toddler.

         She watched as Marinette and Manon played a cat-and-mouse game around Marinette's living room. It resulted in Marinette bumping her head on tables, walls, and even hitting her head on the floor.

         "Why did I agree to do this again?" Marinette sighed. The girl seated on the couch looked at her.

         "We've been over this, Mari. You just couldn't say no when Ms. Chamack asked you to babysit Manon."

         "I know," Marinette said glumly.

         Suddenly, the doorbell rang and Marinette went to open the door.

         "Alya!" exclaimed Marinette upon seeing the missing member of their trio.

          "Hey, I've got a huge scoop for you!" she exclaimed, waving her arms around. "Adrien's at a photoshoot in the park!" She showed Marinette a video of Adrien, and Kathryn wondered how Alya had gotten that.

         "Now?" Marinette gasped. "Adrien is in the park right...now?"

         "That's what she said, Mari," Kathryn waved at Alya from the couch she was lounging on.

        "Oh gosh! What- what am I gonna say to him?" Marinette exclaimed. It was no secret she had the hugest crush on the teen supermodel.

         "The same thing as usual," Alya smirked, then made incomprehensible noises. Kathryn soon joined in, and they were both making fun of Marinette as if their lives depended on it.

         "Stop it," Marinette playfully poked Alya.

         "Who is she?" Manon, who Kathryn hadn't even seen, asked Marinette while pointing to Alya.

         While Alya tried to convince Manon that she was some "mythical being", Kathryn's mind drifted off to a certain hero. She sighed dreamily, and everybody turned to her.

         "Girl, what was that?" Alya asked her.

         "What was what?"

         "That lovestruck sigh," Marinette mimicked the sigh. It was one Kathryn had heard many times before, considering Marinette thought about Adrien all the time.

         "You must be hearing things," Kathryn tried to convince them.

         "Sure," Alya said. "Anyway, we have to go to the park before Adrien leaves."
_

______________________________________
         "Come on," Marinette said from behind a tree. "We're going to stroll over there real cool, and say that we just happened to be passing by."

         "Then?" Kathryn asked.

         "Then... I'll invite him out for a fruit smoothie at the end of the photoshoot. Then, we'll get married and live happily ever after and have two kids-no, three, and a dog! No, actually, a hamster! I love hamsters!" Marinette went off.

        "Let's just start with, 'just happened to be passing by' and see if we can get to that smoothie," Alya said, breaking Marinette out of her daydream.

         They started to walk behind the fountain Adrien was posing on. "I'm very cool," Marinette said, taking giant steps and positioning her arms weirdly. The photographer was yelling something about spaghetti, which made Kathryn turn around and give him a weird look.