Chapter 2: The Bubbler

"Wake up!" was the first thing Kathryn Reiner heard in the morning. She groaned and rolled over, only to roll off the bed and hit her head on the hard floor.

She groaned. "Roaar, my day was going perfectly fine until I woke up."

"But you weren't even awake."

"Exactly," the girl replied as she got ready for school.
_______________________________________
"Dude, seriously? Has your dad always been such a downer?" Nino asked Adrien as he blew bubbles. "You think he could at least remember what it was like to be young and and party a little."

"No, I'm pretty sure he was a downer back then too," Adrien replied with a downcast expression.

"Hey, Adrien!" the pair of boys looked up to see a certain brown-haired female walk over. "You having that party?"

"Can you believe it?" Nino asked, not noticing a blush forming on Adrien's face. "His dad said no!"

"What a bummer," Kathryn sighed. Then, her face changed in a split second. "I have an idea. Why don't Nino and I talk to your dad about it? It'll be impossible for him to say no," she tempted him.

Just then, Marinette, came rushing from behind the stairs. She awkwardly held a package in her hands, which Kathryn assumed was a present. Marinette rushed to hide the present behind her back, and Kathryn inwardly sighed at her friend's awkwardness.

Marinette laughs weirdly, then waves. "Hey." Adrien and Nino share a look, then Adrien copies the motion. Chloe, the mayor's daughter and a mean brat, walks over and stands next to them while Marinette stutters over her words.

Suddenly, Chloe pushes Marinette with strength Kathryn never knew she had. "Happy birthday, Adrien," she says in a fake sweet tone. Then, she kisses his cheek while he tries to pry her off. "Did you get the gift I got you?"

"Um," Adrien thinks, "No."

"What?" Chloe exclaimed. "Oh, the delivery guys. I bet it was too heavy so they had to go back to get another guy to help! Those slackers! I'll make sure they get it to you by tonight," and with a last kiss on the cheek, she (finally) walks away.

"Speaking of gifts..." Kathryn rummages in her backpack. "I got you one." She pulls out a Cat Noir keychain. "You look a lot like him, so...yeah."

"Thank you," Adrien picks up the keychain and smiles. "It's a cool gift." Adrien's limo pulls up to the curb and he frowns. "I gotta go. See you."
_______________________________________
"Looks like we've got some business to take care of with Adrien's old man," Nino tell Kathryn.

"Remember, Nino, don't call him dude," Kathryn reminds him for the third time as they near the Agreste mansion.

"Okay, dudette, I got it," he teases her as she glares at him.

Kathryn rings the doorbell to the mansion and a security camera pops out from the wall. "Um, hi," she says. "Can we see Mr. Agreste? It's really important. Please?"

Kathryn and Nino stand awkwardly in front of the stairs. "Adrien's not home yet," a cold voice informs them. They look towards the top of the stairs to see the one and only Gabriel Agreste.

"Um, we were coming to see you duuuuu- sir," Nino stammers as Kathryn subtly nudges him.

"Me?" the designer raises an eyebrow.

"Yes, Mr. Agreste. It's Adrien's birthday and we just want him to have a party. It's his special day," Kathryn pleads with him.

"No, that's final," he raises a hand.