Valentine's Day

Papyrus and the human were sitting on his race car bed watching a anime that Alphys had recommended. Though, halfway through, Papyrus had heard a loud clanging sound coming from downstairs. He stood up and told the human that he would be right back. He opened the door and made his way downstairs, where the clanging of metal could be heard. He walked through the living room and into the kitchen, where the source of the noise was located.

The kitchen was a disaster! A brown, almost black, substance was covering the walls and floor. Pans were scattered on the ground and oven top, where more of the goo was. A few kitchen utensils were on the counters, and the cabinets were all open. A lot of ingredients were covering the counter, and the smell of something burning filled the skeletons non existent senses.

And in the center of it all, was the shorter skeleton brother covered in the liquid. Sans.

He spotted Papyrus as he pulled the pan out from the oven. He smiled nervously.

"Oh, hey bro."

Papyrus raised his arms in the air and motioned around the kitchen as he spoke.

"BROTHER! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS? YOU NEVER COOK!"

True. Sans only ever made a quiche that he didn't even tell Pap about. Sans shrugged as he started cutting a few pieces of the cake.

"Well, the kid told me that today, for the surface, is a holiday. Valentines Day. Told me that its when people give the people they love gifts. So I'm baking a cake for you all. Even if I don't have the skills down to the bone."

Before Papyrus could yell at Sans for his horrible pun, Sans shoved a small gift into his hands.

It was a small orange box with a red bow tied on top.

Sans admired his work as his brother walked back upstairs with a smile on his face.

The cake Sans made didn't look too bad. It was a chocolate cake with a bit of chocolate frosting and chocolate chips. The kid said that chocolate was the traditional treat you gave to your loved ones. And Sans was gonna give one to his crush. The infamous bartender.

Grillby.

Even if he didn't feel the same, Sans would at least feel better knowing that he tried.

He cut a small piece of cake and wrapped it in a cookie sheet, then he proceeded to carefully place it in a baby blue box. He then wrapped the box with a neon blue bow, the same blue as his bad time eye.

He placed the small gift in his jacket pocket as he blushed blue at the reality of his actions. He was gonna do it!

Sans smiled, still blushing a bit, as he walked outside of his house and into the snow on his porch. He made his way to Grillby's.

~~~~~~~~

Sans stepped through the doors and was greeted with a bunch of, 'Hello!'s and 'Morning!'s from the establishment.

Sans casually grinned as he placed his hands in his pockets, protecting the small gift, before walking to his usual stool at the counter.

Soon to attend him was the flame monster Sans fell in love with. He smiled at Sans kindly.

"Hello Sans. The usual?"

"You know it, hot stuff."

Grillby blushed and walked off to get Sans' order.

Sans pondered his thoughts as the elemental left.

Should he really do it? Grillby might only consider him a friend. They've known each other for years! And he did blush at Sans' pun/flirt.

Ya know what? Why the hell not.

Grillby handed Sans the ketchup.

.

.

.

.

And Sans chugged it.

"Keep em comin', grillbz."

Grillby tsked and left to grab another bottle.

Minutes before closing time~~~~~~~

Sans hasn't given Grillby the gift yet. He wasn't gonna. Nope, he ditched the plan.

Sans stepped off the stool.

"Welp, see you tomorrow, grillbz."

Grillby stopped Sans by grabbing his shoulder.

"Sans, are you sure your gonna be okay? You had quite a few bottles."

Sans hiccupped and chuckled.

"It'll be alright, grillbz. 'M promisin' you."

Grillby sighed and let go of Sans shoulder.

Sans took a few steps forward. . .

.

.

.

.

And slipped.

Apparently, the doggo's had left a puddle of water on the floor, making the small skeleton slip and fall.

However, before he hit the floor(and died~), he was caught.

Sans let out a sigh of relief, before blushing.

Grillby had caught him.

"You okay Sans?"

Sans blushed a bit more at the genuine concern the elemental held in his voice.

By now, everyone had left.

Sans smiled nervously.

'U-Uh, yeah, j-jus' a bit shocked."

However, Sans had not noticed the package that fell out of his pocket during the fall.

As Sans straightened himself, Grillby picked up the small box.

Sans only noticed it wasn't where it was supposed to be when Grillby undid the bow and opened the lid.

Sans panicked as he felt beads of sweat building on his skull.

Before he could do anything though, Grillby took out the note in the box, leaving the cake.

The note read:

Dear Grillby,

I like you! The kid told me that today, the 14th of February, is a holiday. Valentine's Day. I made this cake for you. Hope ya like it!

Love, Sans.

Grillby smiled and blushed. He grabbed the cake from the box as Sans looked away nervously as he fiddled with his hands.

He took a tentative bite of the cake and chewed, before swallowing. Then he grabbed Sans by the cheeks and kissed his forehead.

Sans was flabbergasted. Not only did Grillby like him back, but he got a kiss on the head.

Sans smiled at Grillby.

"Soooo... You like me back?"

Grillby chuckled and looked down, still holding Sans' face. He looked back up.

"Yes Sans. Yes I do."

Sans grinned happily and hugged Grillby.

Best holiday ever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You're welcome. Feel free to comment and request!