Beach Day!

Yaya! Surface AU!
Requested by 13Ravens! (Technically they basically wrote it. Thank you for this I couldn't have done it without u!)
Go follow them! Bai!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An umbrella stood over sans, cool shadow casted over him and saving him from the harsh rays of the sun as he read some jokes he found on social media.

Of course, they were on #10-GucciGirl-90's pun page.

Currently, Sans was sitting criss cross on a blue towel under a orange and white beach umbrella, wearing his usual daily attire.

Yep, no swimming for him.

Sans chuckled at a terrible beach pun(you don't have to act like a little beach, KARAL), and looked up towards the shore. There, he saw the kid in a blue and purple striped, one-piece swim suit, and Papyrus wearing his cool dude beach gear, sitting in the sand building a sand castle.

A rather impressive one. With a motte around it. And a  door.

Sans eyes widened, surprised. Who knew the kid and his bro had these skills?

Sans looked around a bit more, and finally spotted the man- Well, monster- he thought wouldn't show.

Grillby.

Sans smiled and stood up, hands in his pockets as he walked towards the fire elemental.

Well, at least Grillby dressed for today. He was wearing blue swim trunks with waves, sharks pointing from the waves.
He glasses didn't seem to be anywhere though. Hm.

What confused Sans the most though was that even though he was dressed for the occasion he seemed wary and skeptical about the water.

Sans finally reached Grillby and opened his mouth to speak.

"Howzit goin', Hot stuff?" Sans said, doing finger guns.

The fire elemental jumped, not noticing the small skeleton before, turning to look at him.

And strangely, the flames on his face ignited into a Royal blue when he saw Sans, and he started fidgeting with his hands, managing a weak smile to Sans.

"H-Hi Sans..."

Grillby fiddled with his hands and kept glancing at the water nervously. Sans followed his gaze and looked back at Grillby, giving his a sympathetic smile.

"Hey Grillbz, you know you don't have to go in the water, right?" Sans said, startling Grillby out of his small trance.

Grillby looked back at the small skeleton and blushed a bit, stammering.

"Y-yes I know I d-don't have to but it just seems l-like an inconvenience and I AM in my swim trunks s-so-"

"Ay, you are made of fire. You'll melt if you go in the water. Besides, you don't have to go in the water if you dressed the part."

Suddenly, Sans got a michevious thought. Sans smirked a bit.

"Also, Grillbz," Sans called. "You look adorable. I can't stop my eyes from Blazing over you."

After that, both Sans and Grillby blushed like it was the Fourth of July.

Stupid! Why did you say that?!

Oh my god. Does he like me?! No. Of course not. He was just being friendly.

Oh no! What if he thinks your weird?! Quick, say something!

Sans looked up at the elemental, still blushing, and nervously said,

"U-uh, do you wanna sit down? I have a spot set up a couple steps away..."

Grillby nodded and followed Sans to the umbrella.

Time skip because I can't think right~

The monsters looked up to the sky, seeing the sun set and the other monsters -minus Frisk- stand up and start to make their way up the ramp leading to the city.

Sans stood up and turned, holding his hand out to Grillby.

Said monster took the hand and pulled himself up, dusting himself off of any sand. He smiled comfortingly at Sans.

"Thank you Sans. Did you have fun today?"

Sans shrugged, not unknowingly though. He did have a very good day. He got to talk with Grillby, watch the kiddo and his brother build a sandcastle, and just generally have a chill day.

He looked up at the taller monster.

"Yeah. Yeah, I did."

BOOM!

A Blue light flashed behind them, and they turned around.

Big flashes of blue, red, and yellow made themselves present in the sky, shaming the stars with how bright they are.

Grillby stood in awe at the light show as Sans tried to find something that would explain the fireworks.

Eventually, he found a sign that said, Fireworks show every Tuesday From 8-10 O' clock! Come enjoy the fun!

Huh. How did he miss that? It was literally right by the stairs.

Sans felt a hand on his shoulder and turned around to face Grillby, a blue blush presenting itself.

Grillby himself had a content smile and a small red blush.

"Today was one I'll never forget." Was all he said before he kissed the small blushing skeleton, and walked off.

Leaving Sans to hide his face in his hands as his entire face turned bright blue, the blue fireworks emphasizing it more.

Yeah, tonight is a night Sans also won't forget.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh my god I feel like I half-@$$ed this.
I'm so sorry QwQ