Shooketh to the core

"We need to stop." Rosita said sitting by the door of the truck. "There's a tree down."

Of course something wouldn't go right today. I jumped from the back and looked around the trunk. "It hasn't been cut, it rotted."

"Well, at least we know we are still safe." Rosita said digging through the brush. "I got him." She said pointing to the walker. She grabbed its bag and tossed it into the truck.

"Looks like we are walking from here." Daryl muttered. "I say we go around."

Rosita scoffed pointing to the tracks. "The tracks would be faster."

"You wanna take the tracks, go ahead." He shrugged taking off into the woods. Denise shrugged and followed him.

"Let's go the tracks." I whispered. "He will be fine."

"I honestly don't know how you deal with him like this." She shook her head following me.

"Practice." I laughed. "He's not really this bad."

Rosita really wasn't lying about the tracks being shorter. We came to the crossroad and sat down to wait for Daryl and Denise.

They broke from the woods and he sighed shaking his head "seriously?"

Rosita stood up grabbing her bag "told you."

"Maybe pay a little more attention." I joked nudging Daryl in the arm.

He rolled his eyes grabbing my hand "I'd rather only pay attention to you."

We walked for a while until we came up on the empty parking lot. It was a small outdoor mall type of place.

"It is an apothecary!" Denise said excitedly. She tried to open the door but It was stuck.

Daryl grabbed a rock throwing it at the window shattering it. "After you." He told Denise.

She walked inside spotting the pharmacy right away. "I'll go look in there."

"Do you need some help?" Rosita asked.

Denise shook her head and walked away. "Guess we are separating." I shrugged walking down a different aisle.

I picked up some useless junk laughing at half the thugs I found. When will I ever need a screw driver? Daryl could use it, maybe.

A door slammed shut making me jump over shelves to see what happened. Denise was standing against a door breathing heavily with a look of complete disgust and horror.

"What happened?" Daryl asked running over.

"Don't open it." Denise said shaking her head.

Daryl opened it looking inside gagging at the strong scent of rotting flesh. I followed behind him and couldn't even bare the sight. I ran after Denise.

"Makes you think doesn't it?" She asked frowning. "What a messed up world this is."

"It is, Yea. But what makes it better is having friends and people who care about you." I said kneeling beside her.

Daryl walked outside in an attempt to make her feel better. "They didn't have your name, but this is close." He handed her a keychain.

She laughed and kept looking at it starting to cry. "That's my brothers name. Denis."

She went into her story a little bit about her brother and how she was so scared to try and help him. "We all live, we all die." I frowned. "I'll be here a while."

"Right, cause you can't die." She said half smiling.

"I can, if I choose to." I said standing up. "I have two choices, stay how I am or change to be like you."

"Whoa, What?" Daryl asked turning to me.

"My mom give me a reversal serum for whatever this is." I shrugged.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He wasn't mad but maybe a little upset.

"I didn't want to get into it. And honestly, Daryl it's my choice."

He scoffed walking back into the shop "let's finish this and get the hell home."

******

Denise had a heart to heart with Daryl outside before leaving, but that still doesn't change the fact he's mad at me. It's a big decision and I know everyone would tell me to never change. But eventually I want to be normal.

We agreed to walk the tracks back, and I was at the very back.

"Wait, there's a cooler in here." Denise shouted wiping off a window.

I stopped and sat down on the rail road tracks waiting for her to get whatever she was after. She seemed hell bent on it. Daryl and rosita didn't seem to notice she'd stopped.

Denise screamed sending me up to the car to see what was happening. She was fighting with a walker. "Don't!" She yelled at me "I got it."

I leaned up but still ready if she needed me. She managed all on her own. "Good job." I said with a nod.

Daryl and rosita came storming back "What the hell were you thinking?" Daryl growled.

"I found a cooler." Denise said casually. "Don't start! Do you know how exhausting it is to act brave? How exhausting it is to be afraid of everything? I'm tired of hiding and pretending! I just wa-" and arrow came flying from no where hitting Denise in the eye. Her body fell to the tracks.

"Damn." Someone yelled coming from the woods. "This kick back is a bitch."

I looked the man up and down noticing Daryl's crossbow he had taken from him. The side of his face was burnt and deformed.

"You know, I wasn't even aiming at her." He chuckled.

"Who the hell are you!?" I yelled growing angrier.

"Names Dwight. Pleasure to meet you sweet heart." He smiled.

If I had a heart beat I'm sure it'd stop by now. "Dwight? Ann's son?"

"You know my mother?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"I killed your mother." I smirked. "I'm Allison." If he knew of me he didn't show it.

"Remind to me to have a talk with Gary." He yelled to the people behind him. "For now let's deal with these people."

Another person brought Eugene out from the woods with a gun to his head. "How bout we start with where your camp is."

"Do better than that." I scoffed. "You already killed one of ours, now let's see how you make do without one." I was about to shoot my swords out but Daryl grabbed my hand pulling back next to him.

"I think she was threatening us." Dwight laughed. "Come here Allison." He waved me over. "Now! Or the next arrow goes through him." He pointed to Daryl.

I stepped forward in Dwight's face. "What you got for me?"

He leaned in "I know who you are. Follow my lead." He stepped back a bit half smiling "now, tell us where your base is!" He pointed the arrow at my head.

"You'll never get it." I growled.

"Such a waste." He scoffed.

"Wait!" Eugene yelled. "Your forgetting someone, my friends a big man, hiding over there behind the tree. He has heavy artillery." 

Dwight muttered something under his breath turning away from me nodding to someone to go check it out.

Next thing I know the gunfire begins and their group is running away. And apparently another problem, my brother knows me.