Fare Thee Well (Sam x Reader)

If I had wings like Noah's dove

"It's going to be okay, it's all going to be okay," you whispered as Sam lay on the ground, bleeding profusely on the ground, "Come on Cas! God damnit!"

I'd fly the river to the one I love

"Y/n, it's okay. This was going to happen at some point or another. I'm glad it happened while I was protecting you," Sam choked out. He started coughing causing blood to come up.

Fare thee well, my honey, fare thee well

"No! Sam, I will not let you go! Not now, not ever," you responded, holding him tight, praying to Cas, "where is Cas?! I can't lose you, you're the only thing I have left. Please don't leave me, please"

Well, I had a man, who was long and tall

"You still have Dean and Cas, y/n. You will be okay, I promise," assured Sam, "you'll be okay"

He moved his body like a cannon ball

"I will not be okay without you! You were there for me when those bitches killed my family! You saved me! You were there when I had nightmares every night. I can't lose you. I don't know what it would do to me!" you cried out, tears starting to leak from your eyes, knowing Cas probably wasn't going to come.

Fare thee well, my honey, fare thee well

"Y/n, we both know I'm most likely not going to make it out of here alive," Sam said, fighting to keep his eyes open. He continued looking into your (e/c) eyes to keep himself distracted from the pain spreading to his whole body.

I remember one evening in the pouring rain

"Remember the first time I told you I loved you?" asked Sam, trying to distract you from the inevitable. You nodded slowly, a small smile on your lips as you remembered that night. It was after a grueling hunt and you had gotten hurt. Sam had started rambling about he couldn't bare it if you had gotten hurt and accidentally let it slip that he loved you.

And in my heart was an achin' pain

"Of course I remember. It was the most unromantic way to say I love you. We were outside in the rain, covered in dirt and blood, but I wouldn't trade it for anything," you replied.

Fare thee well, my honey, fare thee well

"Maybe one day, you'll be able to say I love you to someone else. Just make sure it isn't my brother, or Cas, okay?" he laughed, causing a sharp spread of pain to run through his body.

Muddy river was muddy and wild

"I don't think I'll ever move on, Sammy. You're the only one for me," you responded. Sam slowly brought his hand up to touch your cheek, wiping the tears. A sob escaped you and you brought your hand up to meet his.

Can't give a bloody for my unborn child

"Y/n, I need you to promise me something. I need you to promise to not bring me back. Don't bring me back," he pleaded, still wiping the fallen tears from your cheeks.

Fare thee well, my honey, fare thee well

You shook your head slowly, "I can't do that Sammy, I'm sorry. I can't promise that," you said, your body starting to shake from sobs.

So show us a bird flying high above

"Y/n, you have to promise me, please. I need you to promise me," he tried again, fighting to stay awake. You thought about it, but decided to agree with his dying wish, starting to slowly nod your head.

Life ain't worth living without the one you love

"I promise, even though life just isn't worth living without you, without the one I love," you promised. Sam's hand started to slowly leave your face, but you held on to his hand resting it on your knee.

Fare thee well, my honey, fare thee well

Knowing all that he needed to know, Sam's eyes shut as he took his last breath as violent sobs racked your body, mumbling apologies.

Fare thee well, my honey, fare thee well

Just then Cas appeared. You stood up, walking toward him and slapped him, hard.

"You're too late," you sobbed and walked out of the warehouse and to your car, but not before turning to your beloved and whispering, "fare well, my love"