e p i l o g u e

A/N: here is the long awaited epilogue my dudes !!

"Jayce" my mom breathes as she takes in my tuxedo covered body "you look so handsome"

"Thanks mom" I smile as I pull open the door allowing a cold gust of wind and a very well dressed Zayn to enter the house. Zayn and I have been a thing for almost six months now. We were perfect together. Or so I thought. He taught me how to love again. He was by my side no matter what decided to step in our paths. And he was now coming to the funeral with me to read the obituary of my father.

My father passed away almost a week ago from a drunk driver. The driver was almost 5% over the legal limit for alcohol and was doing almost 180 km per hour in a 60 zone. He hit my father head on causing him to slam into a tree, thankfully killing him instantly. So he wouldn't be in pain. The driver walked away with a broken arm. We all knew this driver very well. It was my former boyfriend, kayden.

Kayden was on his way to apologize to me when he hit my father. My father was coming home with an anniversary gift for my mother. She never thought she'd be writing his obituary on their 20th wedding anniversary.

"Jayce." A small voice says beside me as I feel a pair of lips softly brush my cheek "you there?"

"Sorry" I mutter "I was just thinking"

"Its fine. Kayden is behind bars for a solid four years. He can't harm you or anyone else you love. I promise" Zayn says as he pulls me into a hug.

"I love to Zayn" I smile as i press my lips to his, tears streaming down my face as I pull him into a tight hug "I love you so fucking much"

Zayn smiles as he rests his chin on my head keeping me close to him as we sit there in comfortable silence, just holding each other. Something I needed really bad.

"Come on J" my mom says as she helps me up leading me to the car where the rest of the family waits "we've got a long sad day ahead of us"

Zayn and I get in the car and silently sit there for the five minute drive. I walk into the packed hall and look around at all the family and friends my father left behind, so soon. His mother sits in a wheelchair at the front of the church, never thinking she'd have to lay her son to rest. His brothers all sit beside her keeping a hand on her, comforting her in her times of sorrow. And his sister. The one he hasn't talked to in almost twenty years sits at the front tears streaming down her face.

"We are gathered here today to lay a brother, a son, a friend and most importantly a father to rest" the priest begins "may he find the peace he deserves and the family find the hope and strength they need in this time of pain..."

.

"Happy one year anniversary babe" Jayce says as he slides his arms around Zayn pulling him closer "I love you so much"

Zayn and Jayce were sitting on a bench in the park just relaxing since they finished a big meal of spaghetti and meatballs and topped it off with a all you can eat dessert table. They were stuffed. There was a nice cold gust of air that made the night perfect.

"I love you more, babe" zayn smiles as he kisses jayce softly.

"Dont think that's possible" jayce chuckles "I do have a question for you"

"Shoot what's up?"

"Close your eyes"

Zayn raises an eyebrow but he does as hes told. He hears some rustling before jayce decides to speak

"Zayn. I never knew that someone could show me to love again. You have been with me through everything. You've been my rock and shoulder when I needed someone to cry on. And you've been the strength I need when I feel at my weakest. I wouldn't know what to do without you. I'd be lost. I'd be alone. You mean the world to me. You don't understand how much I love you and how much I appreciate that you have entered my life. Zayn Justin Liam Brooks. Would you do the honour of making me the happiest man alive? Would you be by my side for the rest of my life? Zayn. Will you marry me?"

By now Zayn had a hand covering his mouth, tears streaming down his face as he nods not being able to form proper words at the moment.

Jayce smiles as he puts the wedding band onto his soulmates finger leaning up to kiss him softly.

The duo smiles softly through the kiss as they sit there arms wrapped around each other, the blue velvet box lying on the ground before them and a shocked Zayn still not forming any words

"I love you Zayn" Jayce says as he smiles at his now fiance, not really believing that he just asked the love of his life to marry him

"I love you too, Jayce" Zayn says

.

.

A/N: ahahah sorry .... I ended the epilogue right there! But i hope you guys enjoyed my story! It took me almost 4 years to build the courage to post this. And as of right now... i think it was worth it... I think the story is shy 130 votes of being at 1K!

So this is the end. I hope you guys enjoyed it.. and if you want we can have a little Q&A with the characters!! So ask questions. Comment or message me ... and if I get atleast 12 I'll do one!!!

Here's the list of characters
- jayce
- zayn
- kayden
- hanna
- drew
- indie
- jason
- petite cute thing kayden cheated with
- Ryder
- Oliver

That's all ... so possibly see y'all in a Q&A ;) bye for now my dudes