3

He touched my hand when he passed me my book at school.

Is that normal? Did he always touch my hand and I was just noticing it now? Or maybe it was just an accident, and he hadn't meant to touch my hand at all, and I was just completely over analyzing this. Yes, that was probably it. Jesus! I needed to stop complicating everything.

"Hey, East?" I looked up, and he met my eyes, smiling softly in a way that sent my heart racing.

"Yeah?" I managed to breath out, and he furrowed his thick eyebrows slightly.

"I was gonna ask if you were still going to help me study. Why do you keep looking at me like that?"

"Like what?" I answered too quickly, a painful blush suffusing my cheeks.

"Like...like...I don't know! But you keep...It's nothing, never mind." The confusion in his eyes didn't leave, and he shook his head quickly, as if to clear his mind. "Are you studying with me?"

I nodded, and he smiled at me, but in a more reserved way, I thought. He still wanted to study with me, so that's good, right?

Maybe I was looking too long and hard at him, but I couldn't help it. The way his hair fell perfectly into his dark eyes. His dimples when he smiled, perfect lips. God, I wanted to kiss those lips so badly.

I stopped suddenly in my tracks, surprised at my own thoughts that really weren't that surprising. Hadn't I been crushing on him for months?

"What is it?" Ben asked, turning to look at me, those beautiful lips parted slightly.

"Nothing. It's nothing." I mumbled, and I saw his eyes fall. He was disappointed and I didn't know why.

Could he possibly know what I was thinking when I looked at him just moments before?