"We finally found the happiness"

It was now day, but this day was a little bit different for our Aditya and Zoya. The sun was shining brighter, the breeze was warmer and the birds were singing even more beautiful  songs. Aditya opened his eyes first and the first thing he saw was his sleeping beauty, who has rested her head on his chest as usual. He spotted the tiny line of sindoor, which was still visible among her soft curls. He caressed those curls as if they were the most expensive silk in the world. Aditya could hear her quiet and gentle breathing, he could feel her fragrance. A bundle of sun rays burst into the room as uninvited guests and soon Zoya opened her big brown eyes, which were slightly irritated by the bright sun. The moment she did it, she realized that she was laying on her most favourite place - Aditya's chest and felt how gently he was touching her hair. She could stay like this whole day, or even a whole lifetime. He, too. They were in their own little paradise, where the darkness and the hatred were prohibited.
Aditya: Looks like we are awake.
Zoya: It all depends on the view point - I'm really awake from my sleep, but Aditya Hooda, I'll never be awaken from my favourite dream - the dream, which you gave me and made me believe in it, the dream, which became my reality. I don't want to wake up from it.
Aditya: How poetic are you early in the morning...
Zoya: I'm learning from the best one.
Aditya: And who is the best one?
Zoya slightly got up and moved her whole body on Aditya. He put his arms around her. The first thing she did was to show her mischievous nature and started tickling his face with her hair.
Aditya: Zoyaaa!
Zoya was laughing like a little carefree child. She harassed her husband a little more and then cupped his face as if nothing has happened a while ago.
Zoya(smiling): You have asked me who is the best one and I think you very well know the answer - it's you and it'll always be you.
After saying this Zoya moved a little closer to him and passionately kissed his lips. Naturally, he replied on her kiss and they spent some more time cuddling and kissing in the bed.
Zoya: Aditya, we should get up.
Aditya: No, we'll stay like this whole day.
Zoya: I really want, but I have to prepare something sweet for my first rasoi. Last time I didn't have the opportunity to fulfill all the rituals, but this time I'll do it, so you have to let me.
Aditya: No, I won't let you go.
Zoya: Aditya please.
Aditya: No.
Zoya: No? You'll see now!
She started tickling his face with her hair once again, hit him with the nearest pillow and soon she was able to free herself from his catch and escaped quickly in the bathroom.
Aditya was laying on the bed without any words left. He just loved everything about her - from the wide smile to every tear rolling on her cheeks, from the grace inherent to the royalties to the childish behaviour of the innocent Mussourian girl, from the most beautiful love moments to all those naughty acts of her - Zoya was a mixture of all this and even a little more - there was always one secret ingredient in her, which was giving her extra sweetness and a pinch of mystery.
After some minutes Zoya came out of the bathroom. She was looking awesome - wearing a beautiful pink saree with yellow blouse. Among her jewelleries the most precious for her was the mangalsutra, which she could wear now with full pride. Zoya expected that Aditya will be there and will wait for her, but it wasn't like that. There was no one in the room. Her attention got caught by a small hand-written note, put on the small table in the room. She took it with curiosity and immediately recognized whose handwriting it was. "I'm in the mood for kheer." This was what was written on the note. Zoya smiled and happily kissed it. She went out of the room and cheerfully rushed towards the kitchen to cook something sweet for her first morning as daughter-in-law. There she surprisingly found out that all the products for the kheer were on the kitchen countertop and another note was left for her there: "You'll cook kheer for me, right?"
Zoya: What's this game now Aditya? Are you too ashamed to talk to your wife so that you left notes for her?
She sweetly giggled and started preparing the dessert. When it was almost ready Zoya opened one kitchen cabinet in order to get some almonds to decorate it and she saw again a note there: "You're forgetting the most important ingredient!"
Zoya: The most important ingredient? But I put everything that is required. What have I forgotten?
Suddenly she felt that there is someone behind her and at the next moment his arms were around her. Without even looking at him she was sure this was none other than Aditya. And was completely right.
Zoya: Looks like you finally decided to appear.
Aditya: Don't be angry on me, jaan. Don't you like this way of communication? But no, I'm so stupid...how will you like it? You're sad when you don't hear my voice. By the way the kheer smells amazing.
Zoya didn't say anything in response. Rather than this, she went in the nearest room and came back in a minute holding a small sheet of paper in her hands. She took Aditya's hand and placed it in it.
Aditya: What's this?
Zoya: Read it.
Aditya opened the note and saw that "kheer" was written on it.
Zoya: That's your breakfast.
Aditya: Kya?
Zoya: Don't you like this sort of communication?
Aditya: Zoyaaa you're playing with my feelings, I'm hungry and you're giving me this.
Zoya: I'm sorry Aditya, you deserve this.
Aditya: I deserve this? Come here! Let me show you what I deserve!
Zoya ran from him, but he was following her and they were making rounds in the whole kitchen, playing and enjoying like little children. Zoya saw that there was some flour left on the near table and threw it towards Aditya. This didn't distract him and soon he caught her and made her sit on the kitchen countertop. He shaked his head, so that a little amount of flour covered Zoya's face, too.
Zoya: What are you doing?
Aditya: It's called revenge!
He kissed her neck.
Aditya: A sweet revenge.
Zoya: How can I be angry on you? Aditya I love you so much!
Aditya: I love you, too meri jaan.
He delicately cupped her face. They were looking at each other's eyes. Happiness was written on their faces.
-Come with me, I'll show you what I want you to buy.
-I'm coming.
Aditya and Zoya were so lost in themselves that they didn't notice there were someone else in the kitchen. And these someone were Anjana and Harsh. They stopped their conversation and surprisingly looked at the young couple.
Harsh coughed lightly in order to catch their attention. They heard it and immediately noticed that Anjana and Harsh were staying there. Zoya got up from the countertop and blushed hardly.
Anjana: What are you two doing here?
Aditya: Ma we, we, we were cooking kheer.
Harsh: Anjana, is flour needed for the kheer?
Anjana: Hmmm I'm not sure Harsh. Maybe Adi and Zoya are following some new recipe. Is that right?
Zoya: No mommy ji actually...
Aditya: Ma we...
Zoya: We just...
Harsh and Anjana burst into laughter.
Harsh: It's good that your faces are covered with flour, so that your blush is masked a little bit.
Anjana: Zoya beta please go and change yourself because I have invited some of my friends for a muh dikai ceremony as they want to see you.
Zoya: Today?
Anjana: Ji.
Zoya: Ji mommy ji. I have also prepared kheer. You and Pa can eat.
Zoya said this and went upstairs embarrassed of what happened. Aditya cleaned himself and had a breakfast with Anjana and Harsh, eating from Zoya's sweet kheer.
After half an hour and a lot of teasing from the side his parents Aditya decided to go in his room to see Zoya. He entered the room and stood like frozen on his place. Zoya was staying in front of big mirror of the dressing table and was trying to tie her blouse, but without success. She was wearing a magnificent emroidered purple saree. There was no trace of the soiled with flour girl. In front of the mirror there was one graceful and gorgeous woman. Aditya started walking slowly towards his beautiful wife.
Zoya was still struggling with her ties. He reached her and held her from behind making her forget where she was. He kissed her gently on the back where the blouse had to be tied and  then he tied it. She was staring at him in the mirror.
Aditya: Do you see how easy is to do it? You just need the right technique! Now sit on this chair, I'll prepare you for your muh dikai.
Zoya: You will prepare me?
Aditya: Yes, trust me.
Zoya sat on the chair looking straight at Aditya's eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes which everytime was piercing her heart deeper and deeper, leaving a mark that would never be able to diappear. He got a pair of beautiful diamond earrings and put them on Zoya's ears. Then he took her hands and did the same with the bright purple and gold bracelets. The next jewellery was the tiny mangalsutra, which he again gently put around her neck. All these adornments enhanced Zoya's natural beauty even more. Then last and most valuable thing was the sindoor. Aditya took the little golden box and marked Zoya with a red line. The line of love. After this he made her get up and then covered her face with her dupatta, because of the ceremony.
Aditya moved closer to her and was about to kiss her through the dupatta when unexpectedly Zoya lifted the dupatta and his lips found themselves on hers.
Aditya: You've became very naughty.
Zoya: If it'll be a kiss, let it be a good kiss!
After saying this Zoya again covered herself with the dupatta and rushed downstairs with blush on the cheeks and big smile on the face. The ladies have already gathered there and were eagerly waiting for her. The ceremony passed well and all the women couldn't stop praising Zoya and her beauty. They left in some hours and now Aditya and Zoya were again together.
The next one month they spent more than happily. Aditya was doing his pilot job and his flying penalty has finally been anulled, so he was now traveling to various places and was always bringing something for Zoya when he was able to. She, on the other hand, was running her company so well as if she has been doing this whole life. Zosh events became very successful in just one month time. Their days were passing in talks about their dreams and future or just in lazy cuddling in the bed. Their favourite night activity was staying on the big terrace of Hooda mansion, when everyone was sleeping, with a box of ice cream, two spoons, one soft blanket, they two and the thousands stars above them, which they were observing. In this way the first month of their new married life passed.
The date was 17th March. Probably this was the most important date for both of them. Exactly an year ago, exactly during one starry night an year ago, one arrogant and rude captain from Mumbai met under the stars one innocent and soft-heartened girl from Mussourie and their lives and destinies got connected forever and even beyond that. It was the best year for both of them. The year of change, of challenge, of great bitterness and passionate sweetness. An year that not only changed them completely, but made them better human beings.
They were very well remembering the date, but both of them have decided to play it as if they have forgotten. Aditya got up early as he had a flight to Thailand, but he had to return till the evening. Before leaving he kissed the still sleeping Zoya on the forehead and went in front of God's idol to thank him that he gave him the biggest blessing he ever could. The blessing with the deep brown eyes, the blessing , which showed him the light, the blessing he was loving endlessly.
Some hours later Zoya woke up. She knew that Aditya had a flight today, but still she started looking for a flower or at least some note left on the room, but there was nothing. "He had really forgotten" - she was saying to herself. Suddenly her phone rang. It was him. Smile appeared on her face.
Aditya: Zoya don't wait me today, some damage has occurred in the plane, so we'll have to spend the night here. I have to go now. Bye.
He cut the line. Zoya's mood was now spoiled to a great extent. She was going to be alone on this special day. Was she?