Chapter Twenty - Nightmares

//Mack's POV//

He had gotten a message from a girl named Jessica.

Jessica: Hey baby xx

Andy visibly groaned but messaged back anyways.

Andy: What do you want Jess?

Jessica: You, duh. A little bird told me that you and Mackenzie broke things off.

Andy: are you fucking stalking me?

Jessica: No, I'm just glad things are done between you two

Andy: fuck off

Jessica: well, when you come to your senses, just call me babe x

Andy groaned and put his phone in his pocket. I quickly closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep, still thinking about what I had just read.

I eventually ended up falling asleep again, Jack pulling me closer to him(if that was even possible).

I was shaken awake by a tired looking Jack. "Mack, get up so we can go sleep in an actual bed." He whined and I laughed.

I unbuckled myself and climbed out of the van, grabbing Jack's hand and dragging him to our room.

When we were inside, Jack fell on top of his bed and closed his eyes.

"Jack, no. You need to change first." I said and tried to pull him off of the bed.

Someone had already brought my suitcase in here, which I was grateful of.

In my attempt to pull him off of the bed, I ended up tripping and pulling him down on top of me.

"What the hell?" He groaned as he opened his eyes.

"I'm sorry, I was trying to get you off of the bed and I tripped." I rambled and he giggled.

"You're cute when you're shy." I felt my cheeks begin to heat up.

"J-jack, can you please get off of me now." I stuttered and he smiled.

He stood up and grabbed my hand, pulling me up. "You okay? You seem a bit flushed." He said softly, gently touching my forehead with the back of his hand.

"I'm fine." I practically squeaked out. I quickly grabbed a t-shirt and a pair of shorts and ran into the bathroom.

After I had changed, I slowly opened the door. Jack was sitting on the end of his bed in a pair of sweats.

I blushed and walked towards my bed. "No," He whined and I turned to look at him. "I want cuddles." I shook my head but he whined again.

I groaned and walked over to his bed. The minute I was close enough, Jack grabbed my hand and pulled me down next to him.

I crawled under the blanket and closed my eyes, smiling slightly at the feeling of his arms gently wrapping around me.

"Goodnight Jack." I said softly into his chest.

"Goodnight beautiful." He muttered, falling asleep and leaving me to think about what he had said.

I eventually drifted off.

"Hey guys." Andy says cheerfully as he walks into the living room. Me, Sam, and the boys stop talking and say 'hi' back. Andy seems like he has something he wants to tell us. "I have a girlfriend!" He says cheerfully and my heart shatters. "Her name is Jessica." A drop dead gorgeous girl walks into the room.

Andy stares at her with so much want and love in his eyes. I quickly excuse myself to go to my room. I walk up the stairs, into my room, and lock my door behind me. I feel tears begin to pour down my cheeks. There's a knock at my door. I quickly stand up, wipe away some stray tears, and crack the door to see who's there.

Jack is standing outside of the door with a frown on his face. I open the door for him and he walks inside, taking a seat on the end of my bed.

"How are you holding up?" He asks me gently and I shrug, feeling tears threatening to fall. "Hey, he isn't worth crying over." Jack says, cupping my face in his hands and forcing me to look in his eyes.

He slowly leans in and before I can even close my eyes, his lips are against mine. I wrap my arms around his neck, deepening the kiss.

When we pull apart, I hear Jack gasp. I open my eyes and look down to see a blade stabbed through him.

He falls backwards, the life in his eyes fading. "I-I," He stutters, coughing up blood. "I love you."

His body goes limp and tears pour down my cheeks.

I jolted awake, waking Jack up. Tears began to pour down my cheeks.

"Hey, hey it's okay. It was just a dream. Breathe baby, breathe. I'm right here." He whispers softly to me, wrapping his arms around me.

When I finally calm down, I mutter a soft 'thank you' to Jack.

"Of course. Do you want to talk about it?" I shake my head and he nods.

We both sat up and Jack pulled me onto his lap. "Everything's going to be okay, okay?"

I nodded and decided that I should tell him what happened with me after the Max situation.

When I was done, he was staring at me with tears running down his cheeks.

"Promise me you won't hurt yourself." He whispered and I looked down. "Mackenzie, i swear to God. Promise me now."

I looked up at him. "I- I- I promise." I stuttered and he pulled me into his chest.

"I'm right here, whenever you need to talk. I will never leave you." He said softly, pulling away to look into my eyes.

I smiled weakly at him and he returned the gesture. I glanced at the hotel's alarm clock which read, '3:25am'.

Jack's eyes followed mine and he sighed. "Well there's no way I'm going to be able to go back to sleep. You wanna go on a walk?" I nodded, standing up and walking over to my suitcase.

Jack walked over to his and pulled out his white Champion hoodie. He tossed it at me. "You can wear it if you want."

I nodded, pulling it over my head and putting my shoes on.

He pulled a black hoodie over his head and grabbed my hand. I put my phone and wallet in my pocket, and walked out the door with him.

My life has been pretty shitty and stressful lately, so sorry for updating late.

Peace and love

See you on the flip side

-M🌵