27

She found out. He doesn't know. Her hands shake as she reads the file. This can't go on. It just can't.

It's time she stood up for herself and rose up above this chaos. She can't keep living this life. It's too tiring to pretend. To put on multiple masks every single day.

And this- this? How could anyone ever make a business out of this?

"I guess I have to let go of the promised riches and fame." She tells herself, looking in the mirror. She sees her enormous room through the reflection of her twenty inch wide mirror.

Valentine's Day is coming up and so is prom. She knows what people expect her to do but she will surprise them by being herself.

It's time to stop this. Even if it costs her all she knows and her entire life.

"If Mina can survive her family, so can I."

Cole

Since Mina's been through so much, I decided that instead of bringing her to prom, I'd bring our own little prom to her.

Prom is in May, but we decided to go on another road trip instead. So with the help of our friends, again, I shall surprise her with a prom on Valentine's day. Our friends and family will also join us and it's going to be amazing. Even if it's simple. I hope.

The backyard is being set up. Training for Spring season is going to start next month so Mina and the seniors are already planning. She's also working as much as she can to make up for her missed time. Clarissa helps too which makes Honey even happier.

"Ready?" I ask Luke, who stands at the top of a ladder. He's adding lights to the treehouse and I sure hope Mina likes this and won't run away.

Autumn Ball proposal wasn't so bad, so this should be okay right?

We finish setting up. I step back, the guys beside me as we observe our work. Thing is, this isn't just for Mina. We plan to do a group road trip, with our families too, so all the others will be here.

Luke's been crushing on Annika for years but never showed any hint. Annika has no idea what's in store for her.

Francis decided to invite Hailey. She's a year younger and quite shy but he's fond of her.

Viktor already has a girlfriend and no one needs to question how perfect they are for each other.

Mina's other track friends will be here too but for now, we guys hoped to make this surprise a real good surprise.

By seven pm, the girls arrive.

Charity helped plan even if she's in the city. She actually invited the girls for some shopping and girl time after their meetings and schedules.

They arrive with hair and makeup done.

Hailey smiles shyly as Francis waves at her. He helps her to a table for two. Well, two cushions and a small wooden table.

Luke clears his throat.

"You can do this man." I say, giving him an encouraging pat on the back.