[003.] 𝘚𝘓𝘖𝘞 𝘋𝘖𝘞𝘕

✦---------------|•❁•|---------------✦

𝐘/𝐍 𝐒𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐔𝐏 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐄 𝐈𝐍 disgust as she hesitantly looked up from her book, unsure of whether or not she wanted to confront the guy talking to her. once she did look up, her [e/c] orbs widened in shock as she was taken aback by the sharp toothed figure that stood before her. the shock was dissipated just as quickly as it formed however, and turned into a scowl.

"what business do you have with me?" she queried, arching a sharp [h/c] brow and staring the male down.

kirishima started to fidget under the females patronizing gaze. her piercing and fervent [e/c] eyes felt as if they were boring into his soul, robbing him of all his dignity. he gulped, taking a seat in the chair across from her. "w-well, um have you recently gotten a random tattoo on your body anywhere?"

y/n's body stiffened as she pressed her lips together. not wanting to seem too suspicious, she placed a finger on her chin and glanced around the upper half of her body, implying the impression that she was thinking. "hmm. nope, not that i can recall!" she lied, shrugging her shoulders as she smiled apologetically.

the boy just stared at her dumbly while sheepishly scratching the nape of his neck, trying to find the right words to explain his self. "well i- i can see the writing on the outside of your pinky, so."

the [h/c]ette strangled back a wheeze as she quickly placed the tatted hand into her lap. "what? th-that old thing? pfft no, no way! i g-got that last year!"

"i don't want to accuse you of lying or anything, but you're definitely lying."

"i am not! and that sentence contradicted itself!"

"if you aren't lying then can i see your tattoo?"

"no way! i-it's personal. hey, don't you have anything better to do than to antagonize a random girl in a library?!"

kirishima found amusement in y/n's expressive reactions. her emotions showed on her face and he found that adorable. he decided to tease her a bit more, relishing in the girls flustered form. "random? i thought we were at least acquaintances after i returned your book to you!"

y/n drew her eyebrows together as she silently groaned in defeat. her face was lightly flushed from the embarrassment of being caught up in a lie— and not having the ability to dig herself out. "if i tell you what you want to know, will you leave me alone?" she grumbled, drumming her porcelain painted nails on the table.

"no, i've already found the answer to my question from before. plus, don't you think it'd be unmanly to just, i dunno leave my soulmate all alone?" kirishima made sure to put emphasis on the word 'soulmate', hoping to get a confession out of the girl.

this time, y/n didn't hold back on her sound— which happened to be a very audible gasp. "soulmate?! what are you even on about—"

"excuse me, sir, ma'am i'm going to have to kindly ask you to leave the premises please. we've received multiple complaints of disruption, most, if not all of which pertained to the both of you." spoke the sweet and elderly librarian. she placed a gentle hand onto y/n's shoulder and squeezed it reassuringly. it was an unspoken message that there were no hard feeling on the lady's part; the woman adored y/n and the [h/c] haired girl knew she was just doing her job.

"of course! i am so sorry, we were just leaving!" y/n briskly placed her book into her [f/c] backpack, swinging the bag over her shoulder and harshly grabbing the crimson haired males wrist. as she guided them out of the library doors, she took note of how her small hand could barely grip the males wrist from the sheer girth of the appendage.

"this is what you wanted to see right?!" y/n held up her hand so that her tattoo was on display, the charms on her silver bracelet roughly clacking together from the quickness of the simple action. her tone held a bitterness and edge behind it that had kirishima flinching whenever she spoke. sensing that she was getting too riled up, y/n inhaled a deep breath, closing her [e/c] orbs and recollecting herself. "ugh, sorry, this is all just really overwhelming. a soulmate?"

kirishima felt somewhat guilty for suddenly throwing all of this on the [h/c] haired girl. he didn't even know her name yet and here he was saying they were acquaintances. the stress and unsureness was written on her face, and blatant in her body language; she was uncomfortable.

"well, i j-just wanted to meet you— since i spent the whole week thinking of who you were or could've been!" he excused, looking down and sheepishly rubbing the nape of his neck. a hum of confirmation is all he received from the female in front of him as he began to walk away.

"h-hold on!"

as kirishima turned around, he could faintly see y/n's figure running up to him. By now he was a good distance away from the library and had to raise his hand to shelter away the blaring sun that was beginning to set. she stopped in front of him, quickly catching her breath and began to rummage through her pockets. she pulled out a folded piece of [f/c] notebook paper and placed it into kirishimas hand. he looked down at the paper, and then back up at y/n quizzically.

"my name's l/n y/n by the way, i hope we can be friends." the [h/c]ette chirped, beaming a closed eyed smile before she turned away. with the way that the sun was setting behind y/n— tangerine and coral rays tainting the once cerulean sky and giving her an airy glow, kirishima could have sworn that the girl was a seraphic being.

✦---------------|•❁•|---------------✦
a/n: i fREAKING love this chapter???

unedited tHO