A second camper gone.

The next hot summer morning the two councelors were bombarded with questions about Nerris. Gwen became stressed and gulped down two of her anti-anxiety pills then proceeded to tame the wild kids circling her and David. David sighed heavily and looked at Max, who leaned on his crutches with a traumatized look in his odd colored eyes and trembled slightly in distress as he continued to replay the same image of Nerris laying on the ground all bloody and eyes open and lifeless. The young boy gave a small whimper and clung to one of his crutches as if it was his teddy bear Mr.Honeynuts. The red haired adult grimaced at the boy being out of the ordinary and not speaking or planning things so chaos would happen in the camp and decided to place a gentle hand on his shoulder , making the boy scowl but it wasn't normal. His scowl was..weak and not filled with the anger David usually got as replies from the kid, so he knelt down and tilted his head a little. Ready to listen to the young boy and his concerns or fears but this only caused Max to scowl more in attempts to shoo away the councelor. Of course it didn't end up working as David kept poking and prying at the subject , asking if Max was okay. Max suddenly snarled out at the tall man, "JESUS FUCKING CHRIST DAVID. IM. FINE." David was taken aback as he looked down at Max and a more concerned look grew on his face whilst the campers and Gwen just ignored the small boys outbreak as they were used to the actions of Max when he raged and got pissed off. David saw fear in the little campers eyes and suddenly wrapped his arms around the slightly quivering child and held him close. Instead of fighting back, Max leaned into the hug. He felt like David was his dad and even if it never seemed like it, he wanted David to be his real dad. His parents always ignored him and never gave him the live and attention a parent should. He was always in the way according to his abusive caretakers. When he was in the way he would get hit or starved. He hated them, he loved Camp Campbell but he sure as he wouldn't ever fucking admit it to anyone. He hates the food, but it's the only thing he's had to eat for awhile but this wasn't the point. Max's eyes were glossy with tears as he he suddenly let his emotions go, but he hated it. He fucking hated it. He never liked showing emotions beside frustration , anger, or boredom. One minute Max despised the happy councelor, the next minute he's sobbing into the man's arms and telling him about his worries of the Daniel incident, the woodscouts incident, parents day, and what David didn't expect was the small shaky sentence, "i-im gay but it's not r-right." David was speechless. I mean, not because max was gay , but because he was thinking it was wrong. David looked down at the trembling and frightened boy in his arms and reached his hand to lift up the boy's chin and slowly spoke as he made Max look at him, "Max...it's okay to be homosexual. ..there's nothing wrong with it, it's okay. Nobody here will judge you , okay..? He gave a reassuring smile as Max blushed in embarrassment and angrily whispered out, "whatever , dad." David grinned and nearly teared up at the word choice Max had used to mention him, but thought against it as it would ruin everything so he simply nodded and patted his hair, and took him back to the group of campers , only to find everyone in a extremely panicked state. David spoke with a troubled and distressed tone in his voice."What happened?! Oh golly, is everything alright Gwen?!"David was cut off by a anxious filled Gwen, "NO I'M FUCKING PEACHY DAVID. NIKKI IS GONE AND THERE WAS A FUCKING CUP OF PURPLE FUCKING KOOLAID ON THE FUCKING GROUND WHERE SHE WAS GOD DAMN FUCKING STANDING A MINUTE AGO ALONG WITH FUCKING BLOOD. GOD DAMMIT I NEED MORE FUCKING PILLS." Gwen was shaking with anxiety and stress about the second missing camper that week, because of the red solo cup filled with the purple familiar kool-aid, making David stop in his tracks and let panic slowly rise in him. Was..was Daniel really back? Why? Who was he really after? Did he just want revenge from Max? David, Gwen, and Max all knew this wouldn't be the end of it. It wasn't close to the end. They weren't sure when this all would be over. The one thing they did know is that they aren't safe, along with the other campers.