The Progeny - Part 6

I'm still led back on the sofa, I can't bring myself to move, I feel numb, I feel dead. I can't remember if I've blinked in the last four minutes, I'm simply staring up at the cracked, wooden roof. Estella and Dalia are talking, but I can't hear them, I just hear noise, but no actual words, I need some air. I get up of the sofa and rush out the front door, not making eye contact with anyone as I leave. I know Estella is watching me as I go, I can feel her eyes burning into my skin. When I'm outside I take in a deep breath, the fresh air is what I crave right now and it feels good as it fills my nostrils. I stare out into the dark forest wondering where I go from here, I can't be a slayer, I don't feel like a slayer, do I look like a slayer? I just don't know anymore, even though a lot of my questions have been answered I still have plenty more lined up. The big wooden door creeks open and I know it's Estella from the feeling I have inside me, she just has a way of making her presence known to me, it pulls every inch of me in. "Hey", she softly speaks behind me, "You ok?" I can't bring myself to answer, I can't bring myself to even look at her, not because I'm angry with her, just because I know she's not capable of giving me the comfort I need right now. In the short time I've known her I've quickly learnt that she's a reserved individual, she doesn't smile, she doesn't express any emotion and she's certainly not about to give me a hug and tell me it's all going to be ok! Her darkness is just too powerful for that, instead I keep my head forward, continuing to gaze out into the night. A hug. When was the last time someone hugged me? When was the last time someone cared about me? Now's not the time to throw myself an epic pity party, but I can't seem to push it from my mind right now, it's swirling around along with all the other truths I've learnt tonight.

A cold hand touches my shoulder, "look, I'm not too good at this, I don't really do feelings and all that fuzzy shit, but I can only imagine that you saw a lot of dark shit in there, I just...I'm sorry, for everything that's happened to you." I turn to face Estella and before I can register what I'm doing I grab her, pulling her in to a tight embrace, I don't care if the contact is brief before she pushes me away, I just know I need this right now, to hold someone, to touch someone and if I'm being completely honest, I'm happy it's her. My naked abs press against her body and I can feel the curve of her breasts pushing against me, she's so cold, but not to me, to me she's setting of a fire that ignites my whole body. I've never felt this way before, surly I can't have actual feelings for a girl I've just met and know nothing about? I just can't shake the way I feel when her eyes are on me, I can't shake the way I feel when I'm near her, the moment I first saw her she sparked something inside of me that has refused to leave ever since. She doesn't pull away as I assumed, she lets me finish my act of affection. I step back awkwardly, my bravery from moments ago has vanished, I manage claw some of it back long enough to make eye contact with her, "Did that help? I mean do you feel better now?" she asks, her face emotionless, I really want to burst out laughing, the way she's almost educating herself on how to comfort someone has me holding back my amusement, I nod and give her a half smile, "yeah, thank you"

"Yeah, don't mention it" if I didn't already know how detached she is I would swear she was feeling equally as awkward as me right now.

Dalia hobbles to the doorway looking back and forth between the two of us, "not interrupting am I?"

"NO!" we both snap at the same time. A smirk spreads across Dalia's lips,

"Ok then, now why don't you come back in" a warm smile replaced her smirk, I nod and follow her in, Estella trails behind, "not too long, the sun will be coming up in a few hours and I..." She looks almost embarrassed, "I need to get back." A pang of discomfort erupts into my stomach, what happens when the sun comes up and she has to leave? I can't bring myself to go back to my father's house alone and I can't exactly invite myself back to wherever she resides. I fear my eyes are giving too much of my emotion away right now, I don't want her to think I'm some pathetic kid with a crush, I look away promptly, not giving her a change to notice, but I think it's too late, "you can't go back home"