chapter six

〚E PLURIBUS UNUM〛

JULY 4TH, 1985

HAWKINS, INDIANA

THE GROUP OF TEENS rose to their feet as the lights above them began blinking quickly, alerting them that the Mind Flayer had arrived

THE GROUP OF TEENS rose to their feet as the lights above them began blinking quickly, alerting them that the Mind Flayer had arrived. A low rumbling came from above them, making each of their heartbeats pick up its pace.

"He's here." Will shivered, his hand on the back of his neck.

Making their way towards the elevators, the receptionist stood from her desk, shouting at them that there could only be two visitors at a time.

Ignoring her, Cindy repeatedly pressed on the elevator button, finding it pointless as the elevator wasn't coming anytime soon.

"Stairs." Mike and Cindy nodded to each other, running towards the stairs, the rest of the group following behind them.

❂❂❂❂

Whipping around, the monster shrieked at the teens as Eleven threw the door open, exposing the gigantic creature looming over Nancy.

"Jesus!" Mike muttered, eyes wide as the monster shrieked at them.

"What the f--" Max started, but her words were drowned out by the creature's roaring.

The monster ran toward them, failing as Eleven yelled, throwing it against both walls, the ceiling, and the floor. 

Not giving up, the creature snarled at her, making it's way closer to her. Eleven screamed, sending the monster flying out of the window and onto the street.

"Go!" Eleven stated, running behind the teens as they ran away from the room, Jonathan staying behind to make sure Nancy was alright.

Eleven pushed through the doors that led outside, each of the teens stopping in their tracks as the Mind Flayer rejuvenated itself in front of them. The pile of guts squirmed it's way toward the grate, slipping through and vanishing from the group's sight.

❂❂❂❂

"It can't be good for her to be in there for this long." Mike spoke, pacing around the living room of Hopper's cabin.

Max rolled her eyes, annoyed by Mike's overprotective ways. Eleven decided she would go into the void to look for Heather, Mr. and Mrs. Holloway, Mrs. Driscoll, Bruce, and Billy. 

Worried about Eleven's health as she would be staying in the void longer than she ever had before, Cindy volunteered herself to be in the room with Eleven, throwing away bloodied tissues and keeping her eye on her best friend in case things took a turn for the worst.