Unmarked(MYG)

Soulmate type: First words said by your soulmate to you are written on your wrist since the age of 6.

Yoongi's Pov

In this world everything is determined by one thing. One small, insignificant think that would seem ridiculous to some. The small thing being ink. But it isn't just any type of ink that you may use to write on paper. Oh no, it was special ink that determined your future. Ink that wrote the words that no one else would say but your destined second half. The ink being soulmate ink which created your soulmate mark.

The soulmate ink comes in three colours. The colours being red, blank and white (white being the colour everyone wished was not on their wrist). Each colour symbolising something about your long awaited soulmate: Red ink symbolises having met your soulmate. White ink means your soulmate is dead. Black ink shows that you have yet to meet your destined one.

Those three colours were the only colours that existed. The ONLY colours. Then what does no ink mean?

I ask that question to myself every single day. I think about that in the morning. In the afternoon. In the shower. During concerts. Even before bed. Why am I so hung up on no ink, you wonder? Well that's easy. Its because I don't have a single mark on my pale, unmarked arm.

Yes, I'm unmarked. I can still remember on my 6th birthday the excitement that I was feeling because it was finally time to find out if I have found my soulmate. The clock had struck 4:54, the exact time of my birth, but the mark had yet to appear. I clearly remember my parents telling me that it might take time.

An hour passed.

Its still clear.

Two hour

Nothing

1 day

Not a single line

1 week

Still as clear as it was at birth

1 month

You can guess the answer.

At this point I knew that it wouldn't show up. The disappointment on my parents face when they saw my unmarked arm forever engraved in my mind. They had never been so interested in me before, but when my 6th birthday had came, I finally felt worthy of their love. But it was short lived. Seeing no mark turn up, they disappeared from my life just like that. To think this whole soulmate thing caused me to feel so useless.

Broken.

Faulty.

Soulmates became the one stupid word I wished never existed.

"Yah Yoongi, what are you thinking about?" Jin's voice snapped me out from those horrible nightmares that had began to resurface after I started to stare at my unmarked arm. To think even after 18 years my mark had yet to surface. The world must truly hate me for being myself to torture me to a life of isolation.

"Hyung, are you okay?" Another chirpy voice asked but this one belongs to one of the maknaes. "Yeah I'm fine, Taehyung. What do you want?" "Umm..Hyung we need to go on stage in a few so the staff said to get ready." "Okay... where are Jungkook and Namjoon?" 

"They are with their soulmates. They said they-" Someone replied yet I couldn't care who. It was that wretched word again.

Without knowing, I had gotten up and walked out of the room. I could hear the yells after me but I didnt care. I just ran away. Not knowing where but knowing I had to get away from that room. My feet took me on a journey, weaving passed the hundreds of people in the hallway trying to find a place to be on my own. Somewhere I could drown in self pity and angst by myself without being looked and mocked at. And I knew the exact place. The bathroom.