Chapter four

For the next few days Tony avoided Peter as much as possible, but since Pepper decided that Peter and Michelle should stay home for the rest of the week it wasn't easy.

Peter's pov

I woke up to MJ sleeping peacefully next the to me in bed which is a rare occurrence considering how many times I've been woken up by her rushing to the bathroom.

For a few minutes I just sat there watching her sleep peacefully while subconsciously cradling her growing belly.

She was still barely noticeable.

"You know it's really creepy to stare at someone while they sleep" she said with a smirk on her face eyes still closed.

"How can I not when the person I'm looking at is so beautiful" I said smirking back at her.

"Smooth Parker, real smooth if I wasn't already pregnant with your kid I'd have probably swooned" she joked finally looking up at him.

"Oh shut up, I'm gonna go make break fast I'll call you when it's done."

As I exit the room, I hear her mumbling curses as she rushes towards the bathroom.

"You ok?" I yell turning to follow after her.

"Yeah I'm good, go make breakfast, I'll be fine."

.................

I walk into the kitchen to see mom and dad arguing in hushed whispers.

They abrubtly stop talking after noticing I'd entered the room.

As I was about to speak dad quickly stormed out most likely headed to his lab.

Mom frustratedly rubed the bridge of her nose as she turned to face me. "Good morning sweetheart, how did you sleep."

Finally I turned away from the door to face her. "Ok I guess, what was that about?"

"Oh nothing, just some meetings he's trying to avoid, nothing to worry about."

We both know that she's lying but I decided not to push it any further.

"How's MJ?" she asked taking a sip of her now cold coffee.

"Well she's currently emptying her guts out into the toilet, but otherwise she's ok." I say as I searched for ingredients to make some pancakes.

"Hey mom, have you seen the blue berries?"

"Check the bottom shelf of the fridge, next to the strawberries." She sayed finally deciding to pour herself a fresh cup of coffee.

................

I quickly made breakfast for MJ and I choosing, for now, to ignore what was going on with dad.

I put everything on a tray, grabbed some orange juice and headed back upstairs to see how MJ was doing.

As I enter the room I see her laying in bed on her phone.

"Hey M feeling better?" I asked as I placed the tray down and crawled into bed with her.

"Well as good as a pregnant teenage girl can feel." She answered turning to face me.

I handed over a plate of blueberry pancakes and after a while of silently stuffing our faces she turned to me again.

"Hey you wanna go out and do something  today?"
I looked over at her in surprise, "Really? You never want to go out what's up?"

"I just feel like I should enjoy being able to  move around before I get too fat to go anywhere at all."

I stared at her for a second before placing both our empty plates in the tray and pulling her into my arms.

"Your not gonna be fat, your just pregnant with our beautiful child and he or she is going to grow up and love you their heart no matter what you look like and so will I."

"But what if I'm not a good mom," she whispered as a single tear trickled down her face, "what if i just mess it up?"

"You won't, we're in this together, always." I said trailing off.

For a few moments we just lay in bed, perfectly content with holding each other in silence.

After a few minutes she looked up at me, "So were do you want to go?"

..........................

Michelle's pov

After we got out of bed and actually got ready for the day, we decided we would just take a stroll through the park and then probably get some food.

After about an hour and a half of wandering around New York we landed ourselves in Queens. "Hey loser, we should go to Delmar's."

"Oof you wound me, still with the insulting nickname, I thought we were past this." Peter said with his hand over his heart feigning hurt.

"Well you still are it's just that now your my loser." I retorted as we entered the sandwich shop.

After we got our sandwiches and Peter caught up with Mr. Delmar, he led us over to a bench.

For a while we just sat there savoring our food. When I was done I turned to him.

"So, how's things between you and your Dad?" I questioned.

Peter choked on his sandwich as if the was surprised by the question. "So you noticed that, huh?" He responded after clearing his throat.

"Kinda hard not too." I said looking away.

"Well, honestly I don't know it's been a little over a week since he's actually said a word to me." Peter responded quietly a solemn look on his face.

"Mom keeps brushing it off as nothing but I know she's keeping something from me."

"Maybe you should try talking to him."

"I keep trying but it seems like every time he sees me coming he turns the other way and leaves,"
"I feel like the last time we had a proper conversation was before he found out that I got you pregnant." He whispered with tears threatening to fall.

"Oh Peter." I said scooting closer to his side.

"I mean is he so disappointed in me that he can't even stand to look at me?" He whispered tear spilling down his cheeks.

I didn't know what to say to him in that moment, so I just pulled him into my chest and let him cry.

A few minutes passed and I looked down and noticed he was sleeping so I called Happy to pick us up.

Word count: 1015