Prologue

Ah. Everything are finally falling into place. It meant only one thing—time to settle down. As the truth were revealed to everyone, heard by heavens and earth, nothing more and nothing less, so he let out a relieved sighed. Looking at the group of three young boys having fun in each other company brought joy into his tired eyes, then on the other side–watching a man wearing black robes that happily standing with his own cultivation partner a.k.a husband – it undoubtedly bring a faint smile within his lips, and then lastly but not the least before of his sight are that man in familiar grace mourning clothes like fleeting clouds above the heavenly morning sky, approaching where he stands at the side of contagious crowd, just seeing the other person face was making his heart ache with utter happiness yet at the same time of feeling sick lurching in his stomach.

" Wanyin, I brought our lanterns." The other's voice were gentle, kind and graceful as ever.

Jiang Cheng nodded his head in response. He take the other lantern, staring down, there one character written on his lantern which a word of love. It goes straight into his heart, stinging him without any remorse.

Ah. He want to run now.

Why. Do the heavens hate him that much.

"Is there something wrong, Wanyin?"

"Nothing." Jiang Cheng replied trying hard to sound there's nothing wrong at all. He looked at the other–Lan Xichen otherworldly beautiful features, eyes filled of joy and fondness and a pleasing smile. This unearthly person was his first love and cultivation partner, he wish to be with him for the rest of his life.

"Let's go, it's time for the lantern to let go." He announced.

Lan Xichen smiled, " You're right."

Today is the lantern festival in Yunmeng that everyone has been waiting every year. They walked together, side by side, keeping each other pace, unconsciously synchronizing to one another.

Jiang Cheng held his lantern a little too tight while his eyes keep glancing back and forth at Lan Xichen delighted face. Seemingly noticing the odd behavior, the man slightly jerked his head.

"Wanyin, do I have dirt on my face? Perhaps, wrong with my face?"

Coming back to reality, Jiang Cheng looked away. " No. You don't have any dirt. It just, ah, your face are really beautiful that huh..hmm."

"Oh...Wanyin, are you praising me?

Of course not! It's a fact! Fact!" Jiang Cheng depends himself, eyes glaring of empty threat.
He heard Lan Xichen softly chuckled, smiling graciously. He couldn't help but glanced at his companion expression, melting his heart right away. Ah, how could a man be so beautiful like this? Beautiful more than to any maiden out there.

"Jiang Cheng! Jiang Cheng!" Of course, he will hear that familiar voice from Wei Wuxian. The infamous Yiling Patriarch and Grandmaster of Daemonic Cultivation that everyone feared, at least not him and those who knew the person before everything turn into a complete mess.

Suddenly remembering those memories, Jiang Cheng shook his head lightly and put the usual expression of dignified, violent and renowned Sandu Shengshou. Once in front of his brother, he showed that fiendish face that every soul scared for, even just meeting those eyes of him. Anyone would be frightened out quickly or ending up avoiding him and running their heels away.

"Jiang Cheng, eh, Stop looking like an old man anymore, you're not a single dog tonight." Wei Wuxian said teasing.

"What did you say!? Do you want dogs chasing your shameless ass ah!" Jiang Cheng retorted, brows meeting each other, at first glance he is seemed annoyed. But, if you look so closely in his eyes, you would have a second thought of the real emotions.

"Jiang Cheng! You don't have your dogs right?"

"Hmph! Of course, I don't have right now. But I can look for you if you want."

"What! No, I'm just joking Jiang Cheng!"

"Shut up!" Jiang Cheng hissed.

"Master Wei, Didi, look, it seems the time for lantern." Lan Xichen informed them. He was right, the people are starting to let go each of their lantern's up the sky. Jiang Cheng could hear Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji exchanging sweet words to each other and they're the first one's who rise up their lantern together.