Chapter 1: The Fate

The Heavenly sky were looking so sweet golden and reddish orange along with the familiar breeze in higher realm. It's a usual peaceful atmosphere for all the immortals and deities residing with this heavenly world. Up above, there is one magnificent palace floating the realm below, it is the palace known as Sacred Gates of Other Worlds. Where all of the divines comes and forth, crossing and passing different realms from lower to higher dimensions.

Although, the whole palace are not that crowded by deities for as no one can go as they please without the Jade Emperor token. However, once a Bell of Heavens ring, the message is crystal clear for any of deities. Someone's finally chosen, that someone is finally back in the world of the immortals.

"Clung! Clung!"

Anyone can hear it quickly has stopped their set of business and divine works. From every corners of higher realm, to the lowest part, middle part, and highest peak of Heaven. It keeps resounding, as making sure everyone are informed of the news. Hearing a sacred sounds, the heavenly words spread like wildfires. It broke the serene atmosphere, as if only an illusion that can quickly vanished in one snapped.

"The Bell! The Bell! Master! Master!"

"Idiot, of course I heard it! No need to freak out like a madman." Chang Yue hissed under his breath not glancing at the cowering servant a few steps away from him. He continued stroking the brush against the unfinished scroll of divine works. With small courage, the young boy servant let out his troubled thoughts.

"Master! We must go and see—"

"See what? Another disappointment?"

His servant kneeled down, sensing the anger in his tone. He sighed, knowing his emotions were controlling him. He cannot helped it, to feel the bitterness when the Heaven's Bell ring because all his hopes are shattering into pieces at end of the day.

" Master, please! I heard everyone are talking in these fast few days that he is dead!"

"Dead?" Chang Yue stopped. "What dead are you talking about! Speak!"

He abruptly stands up, losing all of the graceful movements, just hearing the word dead his attention were caught. Someone died? Who is it? He has been locking himself inside of his palace for a thousand years since the last time he'd gone to Yin Jin Palace.

"I...I heard it, when delivering Master's finished scrolls to the Jade Palace. On my way there's two higher Guardians from Underworld. And, I—I've heard them talking about him, the second Master life has ended in the mortal realm and now facing another trials in the land of the dead."

Silence.

The young boy servant gulped.

Chang Yue eyes straightly focused on the lower level immortal.

"Why?" The only word that escaped from his lips.

"Forgive me! Master!" Bai Yue quickly slammed his hands on the floor, keep mumbling those words like a mantra to save his long living days.

"I'll deal with you later, dont you ever dare to move or else—" Chang Yue bit his lower lip, swiftly spinning around. He felt a tug in his heart, that he missed all this time. Without any hesitation, he stepped out from his courtyard. If there is a second chance given, he will not let the history to repeat itself again. He is already suffering, one is enough, but two is a liable mistake.

From afar, Chang Yue can see every of the deities and high immortals walking toward the gate's platform. Everyone's seemed excited at this moment, unlike the past when the Heaven Bell rang. It was pitifully ignored by many.

"Who is it this time? A lower God? A higher God?"

"I hope it's a lower god, so then we can have new servants!"

"Shameless!" Someone's from behind surprised the two middle goddess in their shameful conversations.

"How dared you talked like a low level beings, your titles are not deserved to be yours."

"Your Highness! Have mercy! Please have mercy on us!"

Everyone are more stunned seeing the lady of higher realm in this place and gracing them with her presence rather than witnessing ungrateful goddesses. It is known all over the Higher Realm that the Heavenly Empress are in seclusion for thousands of years. She never goes out from the Phoenix Palace. Only the Jade Emperor are always been hanging to every deities along with other great gods. As she took steps forward, all the eyes are on her, beauty, elegance, and aura of perfection can be feel around the Heavenly Empress. She ignored the kneeling goddesses as she continued of approaching the sacred stage. Everyone are having the same thoughts, this event is important more than anything.

Whoever the new god coming into their world is already held an importance in Higher Realm. Chang Yue revealing his presence quickly made another voices of confusion among the lower gods. As if they're all asking why all the higher gods keep coming out from their own seclusion.

Is this new god really important?

What gave?

As the Heaven Bell stopped ringing, all attention were focused at the unknown figure slowly appearing from nowhere. It didn't take more than ten seconds of complete transferred, there is one male standing on the stage— he has a pair of blue eyes, a long hair behind his broad back, a familiar color of purple clothes all over him that making him look like a beautiful lightning, and his well shaped transcendental features of a real divine, with an aura of superiority hanging all over his body — this handsomely god is no newcomer. And some of them knew it. He is already immortal before, he is a significant deity that everyone knows. A forgotten name, a forgotten tale of past millennia. As his eyes fell on the crowd, he looked with no recollection of unsaid life.

He scratched his finger, as if there is one thing between each of them yet he have no idea what is it. He reluctantly took a steps forward, hoping the people before him will say something.