chapter six

Mal had made it to the Isle, but her blonde hair stuck out like a sore thumb, and she knew exactly where she had to go to make everything better.

Lady Tremaine's Curl Up & Dye was just the place perfect for what Mal wanted to do. The place looked run down, saying they would only be open after midnight, but Mal didn't care. She chewed her gum loudly as she pushed through the doors.

Adonia was right behind her. Well not exactly right behind her, but the brunette was running through the Isle. She had already checked the loft, and since Mal wasn't there, there was one other place where she could be.

"Mal!" Dizzy exclaimed, taking out an earbud, "Is Evie back, too? What about Adonia?"

"As if." Mal rolled her eyes, thinking back to her two perfect best friends. Her friends who blended in so easily. She looked around the room that was splashed with color and interesting bottles full of interesting liquids, "I forgot that you guys don't open till midnight, place looks good."

Adonia huffed as she leaned against Lady Tremaine's building, and she looked in all directions before slipping through the door, much like Mal had done.

Dizzy was a cute kid, she was the reason Adonia had tried so many different colors in her hair, ranging from silver to even a light blue.

"Oh my gosh!" Dizzy exclaimed, looking away from an impatient Mal, "Adonia is back!"

"What?"

Mal looked at Adonia with wide eyes, and the brunette only crossed her arms, "You've got a lot of explaining to do."

Mal gulped, before looking to Dizzy, as if the young girl would get her out of this confrontation. Dizzy squealed, running up to hug Adonia, "Can I do your hair too?"

Adonia smiled, reaching up to touch the ends of her hair, and she shrugged, "I wouldn't mind being blonde again."

"Oh yay!" Dizzy forced Adonia to sit next to where Mal stood. The blonde looked around the room, her green eyes calculating and cold as she tried to ignore the glare Adonia shot her way.

"So what is your deal?" Mal asked, looking over Adonia to glance at Dizzy, "Has your grandmother
given you any customers yet?"

Dizzy went on to explain that she really hadn't done much. Just cleaned for her Grandmother when ever she asked her to. Sometimes she would do someone's hair though.

"Cinderella got out and they replaced her with you, huh?" Adonia's face flashed with sorrow as she watched Dizzy try and go back to looking happy and bouncy, but her voice was glum.

"Yeah, she's gone from wicked Stepmother to wicked Grandmother."

"That's not really much of a switch," Adonia whispered, watching as Dizzy shrugged. Mal rolled her eyes at her friend, before she leaned all her weight on one leg, popping out her hip a little, trying to look intimidating.

"Hey, Dizzy, you used to do Evie, right?"

"Yeah," Dizzy squealed in excitement, and she looked over at Adonia, "And Doni, I would do her hair too, but I'm the one who thought of the little braids."

"You have any ideas for me?"

Dizzy hummed, looking over Mal's head, trying to figure out something she could do, "The washed-out blonde with purple tips? The best of no worlds."

Adonia snorted, quickly trying to cover it up with a cough though she laughed when Dizzy quickly added, "You can't see where your face ends and your hair begins!"

"Oh you have no room to talk either," Dizzy tutted, pointing a finger at the brunette girl, "with that dark color, you make Snow White look tan."

Mal pursed her lips to hold back a chuckle when she saw how offended Adonia looked, though her attention was adverted when Dizzy grabbed Mal's shoulder to push her into the chair next to Adonia.

"Oh, what is this?" Dizzy asked, lifting one of Adonia's and one of Mal's hands to look at their manicures, "Bored to Death Pink?"

"I happen to like this color!" Adonia took her hand out of Dizzy's grasp, and she stared at the color. Ben picked it out for her, he thought it woukd compliment her skin tone... and sure she found out Belle had actually said that... but the gesture was cute in theory.

"How far can I go?" Dizzy asked the two, and Mal immediately told her to change everything back to how she was before. Adonia just shrugged, informing Dizzy to only do what she thought needed to be done. She didn't want to change back to who she was before Auradon, nor did she really want to look like it either.

Mal wanted to go all the way, to go full Isle Girl again, while Adonia just wanted to keep her safe. Adonia looked over at Mal when Dizzy walked to get scissors, "Why are you doing this?"

Mal glanced Adonia's way, "I needed to get away."

"Is this because of Evan and the proposal?" Adonia whispered harshly, watching as Mal's face fell, and her eyes looked over at her bag longingly, making Adonia realize she probably had her spell book in there, "And the fact that you won't give up magic?"

"Can we talk about this later?" Mal tried to keep quiet as Dizzy turned around, holding a giant pair of scissors.

Adonia didn't say anything while Dizzy worked on Mal, cutting her hair into bangs and a little shorter than what it was now. Then Dizzy turned toward Adonia.

"Oh no no," Adonia protested. She liked how long her hair had gotten, and the last time she let Dizzy cut her hair, she cut it way too short.

"Just a trim!" Dizzy tried to protest, and finally Adonia let her go for it. But it was not just a trim and when Adonia saw the first piece of hair fall, she gasped.

"You did not just cut it to my shoulders, Diz!" Dizzy looked away, trying to hide herself from Adonia's harsh glare, and she simply shrugged.

"It was all dead-ends anyway!"

~*~

so i don't know if you can tell, but no one knows Adonia is trying to convince Mal to come back— they all think she left with Mal.

what do you think about the story so far?

{i do not own disney descendants, but i do own adonia, so please do not steal her, thank you!}