chapter eight

Ben and Evan stuck out on the Isle. Evie was about to lose her mind. Ben was looking around with wonder, wandering around and not sticking close. Evan— he was asking way too many questions.

"The last thing we need is our parents figuring out we're here." Carlos had mumbled to his friends. Evan and Ben didn't really understand, but Ben understood that they must be a little mad. With Circe in Auradon and Maleficent being a lizard, they probably were not very happy right now.

Evie was stopped by two children trying to take her wallet, and after a few protests, she stared at the scared small kids, before a sad sigh left her lips, "Just take it."

Evan tried to give the homeless some extra cash he had, but Jay put a stop to it, dragging him away by his collar.

"I'm going to say this as nicely as possible," Evie hissed at the two boys, "you can't be nice here."

"I just," Evan sighed out of his nose, looking defeated, "I just want to find Mal."

"This isn't a parade," Evie practically growled out at the two princes, "It's the Isle."

"Keep your hands in your pockets," Jay spoke, demonstrating how the two should stand. They quickly copied his actions, leaning back when Jay pointed a finger in their face, "unless you're stealing."

"You either slouch or strut." Evie continued, showing the two how they should walk. She turned to them with a stern glare, "And never, ever smile."

"Okay, thanks." Evan beamed, before he frowned and tried to look tough, crossing his hands over his chest. 

"No!" The VK kids yelled in union, making Evan and Ben jump back from the sudden noise. Ben looked around, his eyes wide, still trying to take in the fact that this is where they lived for so long. His heartstrings tugged, his mind drifting to Adonia, before Evie pulled his attention back. 

"No "thank you" and drop the "please," too," Evie sighed, before she smirked to herself, "Just...chill."

~*~

"I don't know why you want to keep me here so bad," Adonia spit, watching as Uma tied her hands behind her back, "I can't do anything for you." 

"You're connected to Ben, who is connected to Fairy Godmother," Uma barked out. Adonia winced when she tied the rope tighter. She felt her fingers grow cold, the tie cutting off her circulation, "The Fairy Godmother has the wand... the wand that I want." 

"Why don't I just take you back to Auradon myself?" Adonia bargained. Her eyes locked on a smirking Harry, and she stuck her tongue out at him childishly before continuing, "I know how to get it, I can take you there."

"All you do is lie," Uma chuckled, standing up straight and backing up. It was almost like she was admiring her artwork, she finally had Adonia right where she wanted her, "Nothing you say can change my mind."

"So you're just going to use only me as bait?" Adonia chuckled, her friends would try and save her, yes, but at the same time, she wasn't the one they needed, "Mal is the only one here with me, she isn't going to save me." 

"Why are you still standing there?" Uma growled at Harry, and he immediately went out of the restaurant. Uma laughed to herself loudly, circling around Adonia before kicking her thigh to make her fall into the chair that was placed behind her.

"Why are you doing this?" Adonia questioned. She used to like Uma. Before she had befriended Evie, Mal, Jay, and Carlos, she hung out with Uma and all of them. Uma didn't want to look at her old companion, she only rolled her eyes, so Adonia took that as an opportunity to continue, "We grew up together, we were friends, why are you doing this? Because you didn't get picked?" 

"I was always in your shadows," Uma yelled, her sword brushing Adonia's shoulder. Uma stood behind her, her arm outstretched with her sword in her clutch, making sure Adonia could see the shimmering blade right near her face, "what makes you so special?"

"I'm proud of you," Adonia whispered, using her cheek to nudge Uma's blade, "look at you, you run the Isle now, isn't that enough?"

~*~

Mal had no idea where Adonia went, but she knew the now blonde could hold her own. She was tough, she knew how to fight, she would be fine. Being alone also took the tension off of Mal's shoulders. If Adonia was with her, she knew that the blonde would just pelt her with question after question, but being alone with her own thoughts and a can of spray paint? It was almost therapeutic. 

She was lost in her thoughts, she didn't hear the footsteps coming up behind her, and she jumped when a male voice called her name. She whipped around, staring straight at Evan. The boy stared at her with sad eyes, and she flinched when he stepped closer. 

"At least I don't see a picture of me with horns and a pitchfork." Evan was trying to lighten the tension in the air, but Mal didn't even crack a smile. She stepped away from what she was doing, the spray paint can rattling as she stepped off the platform. 

"Evan." 

"Mal, I'm so sorry about our fight, it was all my fault," Evan tried to rush out. His heart clenched when Mal put her hand up to stop him from getting any closer. So he held his ring out to her, "Please come home." 

Mal scoffed, looking away from Evan to collect her thoughts. He could see how conflicted she was. She wanted to reach for him and let him tell her everything was going to be okay. But she also knew that being a blonde Auradon girl just wasn't her style. Her eyes were watery when she looked back over at Evan, "Evan... I am home." 

~*~

i apologize from my inactivity... i don't know how to rewatch the movie without paying money... and i am a broke college student so eight dollars is a lot for me-- ha!

also, i am sorry if i mess up any dialogue, i'm using a transcript of the movie and the one i am using doesn't say what character says what (that is partially why it has taken me so long to write this because i don't want to be wrong and like get attacked or something-- not that you guys would do that i'm just scared of people not liking it because it isn't right ha!)

{i do not own disney descendants, but i do own adonia, so please do not steal her, thank you!}